Listening to the Solstice

Based on simple probabilities I would have plumped for Night too

Let us know when the building reopens after its renovations won't you, of course we will actually notice anyway

Carry on, I have primer to whisk carelessly around in another place...

• Thanks 1

All the best for a speedy recovery Tony.

I would go for black unders too, it just doesn't make sense that an aircraft involved in clandestine night flying ops would be left in silver dope.

@hendie has made me quite hungry with his list, but I'm astounded he left off kippers, Arbroath smokies, pork pies, and sausage rolls!

Oh, and proper mustard! 

Ian

• Haha 4

Hello Tony, hope you feel better soon A quick check at the doc would be my advise first. Just to see where the sickness comes from. Take your time to reccover. I look here anyway for news.

Cheers Benedikt

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TheBaron said:
On 8/28/2019 at 10:18 PM, Spookytooth said:

And yes, these evenings are drawing in earlier now

Exactly! Even in the last week the change of light levels is suddenly noticeable.

Yep, 20:26 and it gets darker now. No chance to paint something outside. So an autuum cleaning is on the list, before  the sun, errh, the earth spins again more southwards  up to south 23° to the mid winter here.  Cheers again

• Like 3

Hello His Baronship !!

Sad to hear that health is not at best !

Take care and get checked by a doc.. (say the stupid dude who did'nt paid a visit to his cardiologist for 3 years :whistle:)

I will bet for a hastilly applied black overpainting, kinda like the real so called invasion stripes...

But they did'nt really fly over the occupied territories... Not easy a choice at all..

And I did'nt find my old docs, seemingly I loose some crates in the movings....

But I'm still searching for...

Take care my friend !!

Sincerely.

CC 

• Thanks 1

On 8/28/2019 at 11:26 PM, bbudde said:

Maybe more at sunday evening; the german gouverment will be shattered again

Don't like to qoute myself at all....

They are shattered agaiin, but not that worse, that I expected to be. Good to see so. But not quite right so far here for the future., I guess.

Cheers Benedikt

AND Tony,  by the way, I grew up with U2  in the early 80` and  I  don't want to hear "Sunday, bloody Sunday" that live again This would a be great one to hear live in a good version again.

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2019 at 10:51 AM, TheBaron said:

Was bleibt, ist eine Hommage in die Vergangenheit

Tony, was möchtest Du jetzt von mir hören? Die Vergangenheit ist das Heute von Morgen. und das Gestern von Heute.  Für Dich, für mich, für irgendwen anders an einer anderen Stelle der Erde,

Cheers Benedikt

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2019 at 11:17 PM, The Spadgent said:

Wonderful sticking on of bits just before the malady dear boy

Agreed :)  I venture to suggest that he's mastered the 'sticking on of bits' aspect of the hobby really rather well.

Oh; and the 'chucking away of rubbish kit bits and making replacement bits out of new and exciting materials' aspect too - altho' I don't think that's a snappy enough description to gain widespread useage......

Edited by Fritag
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Tony

Hope you are feeling better. I am sorry I have not been around lately, too much to do and so little time. 

The Annie is coming on a treat and I do love your metal work. Can't wait to see this in paint.

Keep up the extraordinary work.

All the best

Chris

• Thanks 1

I do hope your Baronage is making a good recovery. Nothing worse than trying to concentrate on minutiae when one's head is spinning/thumping/not in working order.

Why is it that when we get the opportunity to have some free time it is always at the expense of not being able to get on with the really important things in life, ie modelling?

The extra metalwork is truly in a class of its own and a huge improvement on the kit parts, as indeed are all of your modifications. As for colour, I am with Ian - definitely black underneath as i cannot think that the AM would risk an aircraft on operations such as those in question being discovered.

P

• Thanks 1

Vertigo.

Been diagnosed with bloody vertigo of all things.

Thought only San Francisco detectives got that sorta thing but there you go - no wonder had been feeling a  bit 'off' the last fortnight or so.

Medicated. Comfortable. Creeping tentatively through each day like a nauseous golem.

Be back to u as soon as the planet stops swimming right round

baby right round like a record baby right round.

Thanks for all your kind words. Much appreciated from such a fine bunch of gentlemen. 💖

• Like 1
  • Sad 11

13 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Thought only San Francisco detectives got that sorta thing

My missus gets it too - and she's never been to San Fran and the only thing she seems good at detecting is any new kit purchases....

Hope it clears up soon Tony, 'er indoors meds seemed to work quickly and the Doc prescribed some that she can take when she feels an attack coming on and they seem pretty effective too.

All the best

Keith

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Been diagnosed with bloody vertigo of all things.

That's bad luck Tony. I had a terrible attack of it some years back. It lasted about 12 hours and was an awful feeling. Never had it before or since. I can really empathise with how you feel. Hope the medication and rest does the job. Get well very soon.

Teke care

Terry

• Thanks 1

Wishing you a rapid recovery Tony. Never been afflicted with it (thank goodness), and it sounds terrible, but I hope that the medication does the trick and your world stops swimming so that you can get back to the important thing in life - modelling.

P

• Thanks 1

It’s not “benign paroxysmal positional vertigo” by any chance? If you lay down and spin your head to one side or the other the planet spins? Terrible but it does go in a few weeks. If it is that there are some easy exercises you can do to make it better. Sorry you’re having such troubles. The wizardry is being missed. Take care Tony. 💆‍♂️

• Thanks 1

Hang on in there Tony.  As Johnny says, the wizardry is being missed - but the tension is building nicely for the Baron's comeback gig.

8 hours ago, hendie said:

sorry to hear that Tony.  Well, if you're going to suffer from something, it's always more comforting if it's a bit weird, in a strange sort of way.

In a strange sort of way I know what he means.  One would expect an original and innovative approach to illness from the Baron wouldn't one?

Edited by Fritag
  • Haha 6