Listening to the Solstice

On ‎27‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:40, TheBaron said:

I knew he'd say that. 

I just knew it!

:rofl2:

Credit really has to go to @CedB for the lovely ammunition he provided for me to fire!

Martian the Humble 👽

PS: I forgot to mention, the brasswork looks ever more impressive.

• Haha 4

On 12/27/2018 at 4:57 PM, hendie said:

I can see that dapping set coming in handy in lots of areas of your future builds

I've already rashly promised Mrs B. some ear-rings..... 🧜‍♀️

The key to a good solder joint is cleanliness

I solemnly undertake that my  joints shall henceforth be a beacon of fragrant loveliness hendie!

they have such wonderful tools as this little tube cutting jig

<cough>

Proops Bros. now appear to be a few quid richer.

https://www.proopsbrothers.com/hand-held-tube-pipe--wire-cutter-cutting-jig-0-60mm-model-making-jewellers-h4411-9556-p.asp

How did this happen? :shrug:

On 12/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, Tomoshenko said:

You should thin about putting all this stuff in a book.

If so Tomo, it would have to be an homage to Mr. Milligan, along the lines of 'Modelling - Its Part in my Downfall'.... :laugh:

On 12/27/2018 at 6:57 PM, giemme said:

A doming set! :frantic: What new sorcery is this? :frantic:

The temptation to re-animate the dead with them is overwhelming Giorgio!

6535b0de224e4d342b1a72d098b33e74.jpg

On 12/28/2018 at 6:51 AM, limeypilot said:

Actually, yes. I can't think of any other way of doing it. The brass rods I inserted into the wheel wells earlier are for precisely that purpose.

Apologies Ian: I've clearly not been paying attention. (It was Tompkins Minor sir distracting me with his jar of frogspawn.)

On 12/28/2018 at 6:51 AM, limeypilot said:

I do like the look of that doming set...…..

The prices quoted for these items on the 'bay seem to have gone up considerably over Christmas Ian  (I wonder why, he said cynically?) so worth keeping an eye out for them to drop back a bit perhaps in the New Year?

I've already found them a godsend not just in terms of their doming function, but in having an accurate set of steel diameters for making things like nacelles....

On 12/28/2018 at 11:54 AM, perdu said:

I can confirm, if you fear it, that the solder seam running down that cylinder you made of two bits would likely stay stuck

Thanks for the backup Bill. :nodding:

It's nice to know that more knowledgable eyes than mine are keeping an eye on matters! 🔭

On 12/28/2018 at 11:54 AM, perdu said:

Got a little blow torch guv?

Why yes!

Yes I do.

(Though trying to find a shop near me that stocks gas refills is ridiculously harder than it needs to be)

I know that less people are puffing away on a Meerschaum these days but even so.... 😧

On 12/28/2018 at 2:38 PM, keefr22 said:

Sublime work, if you now applied these new found skills actually to jewellery making I think you'd soon be able to retire!

Rolls Royce Merlin nipple rings?

I've that niche market covered I reckon Keith. 🕺

On 12/28/2018 at 3:26 PM, CedB said:

But what's this? Not only do I get 'doming set envy', then hendie shows us a 'must have' tool for tube cutting

@hendie is of, of course, a bad influence par excellence dear Ced.

Wonderfully so in fact. :laugh:

Now get yerself a tube cutter before rationality interferes with the purchase! :evil_laugh:

On 12/28/2018 at 5:08 PM, fatalbert said:

Why on earth you are sticking these bits on an old Airfix kit is beyond me,

It is an unholy brew of nostalgia and masochism Fatal Bert - not an uncommon condition on this forum by all accounts.

Your faith in my skills is most generous but the truth is  I'm still only on the ski-lift going up the mountain and have yet to start skiing at all. Certainly nowhere near being able to whisk back down to the chalet for a glass of Gentian and some fondue with Fiona Fullerton...

On 12/28/2018 at 5:22 PM, Martian Hale said:

Personally I think its a cunning plan to make me spend so much on tools that I can't get my car fixed.

You say that like there is something wrong with the idea. :devil:

On 12/28/2018 at 7:10 PM, Massimo said:

All that metal work is superb!!!

Thanks Massimo.

You'll not be surprised to learn that  I've had to order some more low-temp solder and sheets of brass! :laugh:

23 hours ago, bbudde said:

Even with the right tools it it requires more than average skills and a lot of patience.

In that respect it is proving a good discipline for me to have to learn such things at my stage of life Benedikt! :banghead:

9 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I forgot to mention, the brasswork looks ever more impressive.

:thanks:

8 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

The doming set looks a fantastic bit of kit too

Thanks Chris - it's already paying its keep! :nodding:

8 hours ago, canberra kid said:

WOW!! just that Tony!

Most kind of you dear Canberrameister! :thumbsup2:

1 hour ago, Spookytooth said:

Is it now a tool race between Ced and Yourself?

We've all seen how Ced is attemping to avoid buying tools by the desparate expedient of buying himself a new car Simon. Such displacement activity is fooling no-one.🛠️

Out to lunch today with some friends down at Kinvara on the south side of Galway Bay. A beautiful still dark winter's day; very stark and Romantic (with a capital R):

46518190291_137b71a01c_b.jpg

That thing sticking out of the water halfway up on the extreme right of the frame is a sunken yacht with a collapsed mast that can only be seen at low tide - a folorn shipwreck that only added to the Caspar David Friedrich vibe.

For part of the walk around the headland we were accompanied by these delightful creatures ambling along beside us:

46465937362_a498eb93c8_b.jpg

Most affectionate and insisted on frisking our pockets for any food we might have concealed upon our persons.

In and amongst other things over the last couple of days some attention did get paid to the Anson.

Firstly I wanted to have a look at the fittings for the starboard nacelle all in place, in order to start finalizing how  the various bits are going to go together permanently:

45604154365_81f89906d8_c.jpg

I realized after taking that shot that the angle and placement of the oleos was all wrong. They should actually go up into the nacellea bout 8mm further back, as in this shot below:

45793705934_19a79f6e75_c.jpg

Note two things in the above picture: a) I need to open up that hole in the brass nacelle about 1mm extra on either side for the oleos to fit in, and b) Airfix have the mounting location of the oleos completely wrong in their moulding (as you can see if you look down inside the kit nacelle to the left) - they have the top of the oleos right up where the wheel retracts into, whereas on the actual aircraft this structure actually folds up & inwards against the front wing spar, as you can see in this image from the Nhill restoration:

46466198652_46a09b64ac_b.jpg

https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2018/07/14/restoring-an-avro-anson-and-a-wirraway-comes-home-2018-update-part-ii/
As an adjunct to the encouraging comments hendie's been making about soldering over on his Wessex thread, I wanted to add a further not of reassurance regarding the ability to make in situ repairs should one's filing become a little - shall we say - négligent?

In levelling off one of the side panels I clumsily ate into the lower section at the corner leaving a gouge. In the shot below you can see that such self-inflicted wounds can easily be rectified with a few blobs of solder:

44700389020_19a79f6e75_c.jpg

Not unlike the reason why I like epoxy, solder not only acts as a means of attaching parts, but can also function as a filler on occasion.

Addressing the blobs with file and sandpaper quickly restores the damaged area flush with its surroundings:

44700389050_0ce384721d_c.jpg

Whilst perusing area, I recollected that there are some rather beautifuly-rendered oil coolers in the Flightpath etch and so set-to with the bending rig:

45604154415_10c4981a8c_c.jpg

The five slots that you see cut into each of the above are locating points for the additional cooling 'gills' which need to be glued along parallel to each other inside.

I must confess that I found it bloody ridiculous trying to glue these gills in place due to the minimal surface contact available at this scale and lack of strength resulting from same. After playing silly beggars with glue -both GG and CA (the latter of which I try to avoid these days) - for a bit, I decided that the only way to get a secure bond was to solder the parts. It wasn't my first choice as with the tiny size and thin-ness of the parts suggested problems bit I should have trusted to my instincts and to a cool iron.

It occured to me that if I tinned the gills first and then lined them up in some White Tak, this gave accurate enough spacing as an impromptu jig to then dab them with the iron turned down to 2 (whatever temp that is)in order to tack them together at their bases, which could then have the outer gill covers added over the top and soldered on to form a strong final bond, like so:

45793706014_80cf8c0796_c.jpg

This process worked most efficiently and after no more than 10 minutes yielded these two beauties:

45604154475_555125a2e9_c.jpg

I took a few shots of these parts in order to showcase the superb visual quality of David Parkins' etch on details such as this:

44700389200_d106e345a4_c.jpg

And this is where they'll end up eventually:

44700389230_6fafce78cb_c.jpg

Night all.

:bye:

Tony

• Like 15

46 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

6535b0de224e4d342b1a72d098b33e74.jpg

So that's where the half the internals of my space ship went! Hand them back at once you fiend! :fight:

Outraged of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

57 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Fatal Bert

That really did make me LOL!! I think Mr fatalbert will have to change his username now!!

Lovely donkeys, did they follow you home, make a lovely addition to your menagerie!

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

it would have to be an homage to Mr. Milligan, along the lines of 'Modelling - Its Part in my Downfall'....

Better than my autobiography - 'Modelling - My Part in its Downfall'....!!

K

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, TheBaron said:

We've all seen how Ced is attemping to avoid buying tools by the desparate expedient of buying himself a new car Simon. Such displacement activity is fooling no-one.🛠️

Gaaaaah! I must admit I visited the link… but in a rare case of self-control I merely added it to my 'wish list'. For now.

For part of the walk around the headland we were accompanied by these delightful creatures

Lovely beasts. Always reminds me of the unkind stammering joke; "'E aw, 'e aw, 'e always calls me Donkey". Sorry, there has been wine.

I took a few shots of these parts in order to showcase the superb visual quality of David Parkins' etch on details such as this:

44700389200_d106e345a4_c.jpg

Beautiful work. Nuff said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That really did make me LOL!! I think Mr fatalbert will have to change his username now!!

Its not the first time,and am sure not the last that someone has done that 😕

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Happy New Year to you and yours.

Your work on the Anson is as expected truly outstanding. Those oil coolers are a superb piece of artwork in there own right.

Don't know if you have seen the November issue of Flypast magazine but on page 88 there is a picture of an Anson engine  on a trailer. This engine is mounted on the frame work you have reproduced including the retracted under carriage.

Roger

• Thanks 1

71iNKzZZj+L._SX569_.jpg

I don't often quotes photographs, but when I do,  I prefer exquisite brassy scratchy built ones

16 hours ago, TheBaron said:

44700389230_6fafce78cb_c.jpg

That's the shot right there that does it for me.  The uniformity of various curvatures, the symmetry and neatness of the wheel aperture, and of course, the dinky little filter to top it all off.

What impact does moving the oleo's back by 8mm have on the chunky dangler?  I assume you also have to reposition that by the same distance for things to look right?  The proportions of the arm look about right so is there enough nacelle to make it work?

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

So that's where the half the internals of my space ship went!

W-ell...that would go a long way to explaining some of those alien abduction stories of course... :laugh:

17 hours ago, keefr22 said:

7 hours ago, fatalbert said:

Its not the first time,and am sure not the last that someone has done that

My 'helpful' tablet spellchecker routinely refuses to recognize the integrity of certain usernames on the forum; only when it has a 100% success rate with usernames on Britmodeller do we need to be worried that AI has become a sentient threat to civilization.... :computer:🌏

17 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Lovely donkeys, did they follow you home, make a lovely addition to your menagerie!

We're I wearing a coat made entirely of apples and sugar lumps I feel sure that I could have enticed at least one into the boot of the car Keith!

15 hours ago, CedB said:

Gaaaaah! I must admit I visited the link… but in a rare case of self-control I merely added it to my 'wish list'. For now.

15 hours ago, CedB said:

Sorry, there has been wine.

Put those two things in reverse order next time Ced and I feel sure that a purchase is more likely!

8 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Hmmmm, should I or should I not have picked up on this?

Where's your sense of (New) Romance young Steven!

new-romantics.jpg

You've gotta admire a chap prepared to wear scallops in public. He's probably a Permanent Under Secretary at the Home Office now....

6 hours ago, Hamden said:

Don't know if you have seen the November issue of Flypast magazine but on page 88 there is a picture of an Anson engine  on a trailer. This engine is mounted on the frame work you have reproduced including the retracted under carriage.

Thanks for that Roger. :thumbsup2:

I did actually buy a copy of said item for that very reason, though tbh, as well as the maintenance manual itself,  the best photographic references I've found to date for this region have been those posted by the Nhill crowd of their restoration work in Australia:

img_9292-700x4671.jpg

https://acesflyinghigh.wordpress.com/2015/10/01/restoring-an-avro-anson-2015-update/

6 hours ago, giemme said:

:gobsmacked:. 'nough said.

Careful now Giorgio...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQiI_6XmlHaT839bvZKSO4

I needed to pay attention to some clearing-up and checking today before proceeding any further, so the first chore was to get rid of the original oleo mounting points in the port nacelle. I'd left them in originally when gluing the upper and lower sections of the wing together thinking that perhaps these could be modifed to hold my brass replacements, but now that I know that they are in the wrong place they had to come out,via the ministrations of a contour saw:

32653197198_0214804c9b_c.jpg

With that done, I could then get to work correcting the shape of the undercarriage-opening, to whit, opening the negative shape for the wheel at the front a bit wider, and adding some scrap plastic to the section behind it to give a better shape:

45802719024_94ebe9e2a4_c.jpg

Those bits'll get a sand flush later. You can see in the surrounding area I'm also in the process or removing the original panel lines and rivets in order - hopefully - to put something a bit more subtle in later. To give some idea of the meaning of that statement, this is IWM image is the kind of visual surface quality I'd hope to end up with on the finished aircraft:

32654218768_7f51faaf95_c.jpg

When it comes to the nacelle panels for example, this may well involve using metal foil for surface effects, though there's time enough to experiment in that department. You can't quite see it in this side-on angle but the exhaust manifold is visible behind that scalloped cowling when viewed from the rear quarter, so I'm going to have to make a twin for the one done previously to starboard as well.

Another job to get done over to starboard was to make a cutout in the front underside of the nacelle to accommodate the squiqqly bit of the exhaust that you can see peeking out here:large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.12016439.26785193

45802719064_ecc39f6ef7_c.jpg

I'll have to work out some way of replicating that detail in the plastic over to port at some stage.

I'd also been spending a lot of time looking back and forth between maintenance manual and build in order to work out a way to securely mount all these fiddly bearer and undercarriage bits inside the nacelle in such a way that they'll be structurally strong enough to bear the weight of the aircraft. This is the plan then:

46526481151_9b51071513_c.jpg

On the actual aircraft, the top of the engine bearers attach to the front spar, whilst the lower ones angle under up up to bolt on to the rear spar. In my version you can see that I'm going to add a brass disk inside the nacelle (level with the front spar) on which I'll solder four sockets made out of tubing for the engine-bearer framework to slot into. A similar procedure can also be used at 90° to insert the oleos into.

Here's the start then:

32653197308_c8e93e7cd1_c.jpg

...and the relevant parts dropped on to eyeball if it will work:

45802719134_fd356030e4_c.jpg

With some careful measuring I think that can be made to work in a decent approximation of the actual structure on the aircraft in fact. It'll require cutting a vertical slot in the disk to match the opening for the radius rod in the nacelle of course but nothing insurmountable - the main point here is strength and stability.

Hello, what's this? 😁

1 hour ago, hendie said:

What impact does moving the oleo's back by 8mm have on the chunky dangler?  I assume you also have to reposition that by the same distance for things to look right?  The proportions of the arm look about right so is there enough nacelle to make it work?

A reasonable question Mr. H but there shouldn't be any ancillary issues arising.

The radius arms themselves were built slightly over-length so that there is a sacrifical end at the rear that can be cut as required to nestle inside the nacelle opening (probably into a Milliput socket). Have a gander at that B&W picture up above and you can see that whereas the oleos needed moving back (compared to the Airfix kit), the oil-cooler itself needs to stay where it is in order to straddle the firewall on either side, roughly like this:

46527408441_e952919886_c.jpg

'Chunky dangler' is a good phrase however hendie as checking it against the original just now shows the PE design to be too wide, in that it has two extra 'gills' - 7 instead of the 5 seen in the shot below.

large_000000.jpg?_ga=2.221737755.2678519

Looks like I shall have to cut two off. Annoying, but not the end of the world.

Now, where's that shortbread selection go to?

Tony

• Like 14
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Out to lunch today with some friends down at Kinvara on the south side of Galway Bay. A beautiful still dark winter's day; very stark and Romantic (with a capital R):

46518190291_137b71a01c_b.jpg

Nice spherical picture of your area. A bit too dark for me to get me a happy life, but I always underestimate, how much south the British islands are towards Germany. (John, the Spadgent is on my degree of latitude here / British midlands; Ced; Simon, Spookytooth are living south towards the middle of Germany,  Frankfurt or so here and you are above Bremen to Hamburg in that part of Ireland towards the Atlantic.) So really not so far up north. Must be the island weather, which scares me off, I guess. But anyway, it reminded me of a film with good music:

Ok, I`m a fool after looking at the maps! If the british islands turned over again up to 45° eastwards, Hamburg and Edinburgh would be neighbour cities again. Maybe. Ok, got it!

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 12/30/2018 at 4:20 PM, bbudde said:

Ok, I`m a fool after looking at the maps! If the british islands turned over again up to 45° eastwards,

Don't worry Ben - with current politics in Britain even the geology is confused now....

So.

Last post of 2018!

Did that seem like an exceptionally quick year for you lot as well? :hmmm:

I spent a large chunk of today unexpectedly having to help my youngest with installing a new gfx card in his PC - he's an able lad at such things but the damn thing refuses to act as the primary display despite the OS recognizing it and  all drivers and BIOS assignments being sorted according to manufacturer's instructions. We'll have anbother roll of the dice tomorrow, otherwise it's heading back for a refund.

As therapy then I became increasingly obsessed throughout the day with getting the nacelle in a finished state - at least as far as adding any more bits of metal to it is concerned. You're probably getting a bit sick of seeing it at this stage but thankfully this phase is nearly done now. 

If you have a look at the opening in the nacelle in this shot:

44494912341_e36100d634_c.jpg&key=1d8827a

...you can see that inset strip and screw points running around the edge of the opening that the removed panel fixes onto. Do you see that guy lurking underneath the aircraft behind the oleo? I swear he wasn't there the first time I posted this photo back in August!

It's a prominent enough detail in such views that I felt obliged to have a go at creating something like that 'lip' out of some scrap runner from the PE set, seen here tinned and ready for use:

46492405552_1cffe8855f_c.jpg

I started with the engine bearers first, a strip of the PE added around the firewall and then the fixing points tacked on each side:

45820535774_21f861491f_c.jpg

Tucked back into the nacelle briefly to check positioning:

46492405592_4a81dd5d99_c.jpg

Next up was to add the inlay to the nacelle itself, using the same ingredients:

45820535834_048312f599_c.jpg

These sections were a lot harder to do due to having to solder inside the tunnel with the iron turned right down to the lowest setting, but the results are worth the effort I think in terms of building up the visual 'busy-ness' of this region of the aircraft:

45630799175_32dc16c14d_c.jpg

The rear fixings then got some attention. Some 0.8mm tubing was soldered on to the rear of the bearer for strength and then some holes drilled into the brass disk that will act as the spar mounting squirelled away inside the nacelle:

45820535824_73241b0f2d_c.jpg

It made more sense to drill and mount like this so that the exact position of the bearers could be jiggled about before being permanently attached to it. Just as well because on test-fitting into the nacelle, I had to snip of a section at the top of the disk to get the bearer to run parallel inside the nacelle:

45630799265_cbb5421319_c.jpg

The forward firewall is however meant to be at an angle like that - just in case  you think it looks odd!

45820535894_374d0c0f18_c.jpg

That looks and feels now like a good solid method of keeping those innards fixed in place, though of course they'll all need painting-up before being inserted finally and soldered into permanent position. Fixing the oleo inside there can wait until next year now....

45820535974_5508b3fac0_c.jpg

It only remains for me to wish all my friends on here a:

45630799355_68806ba423_c.jpg

Catch you in 2019!

Tony

• Like 13

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

You're probably getting a bit sick of seeing it at this stage but thankfully this phase is nearly done now. 

ehrrr NO!   Not in the least, not in the slightest, and not in any way whatsoever!

Happy Hogmanay Tony. 

Lang may yer lum reek and may the moose ne'er leave your girnal wi' a tear in its e'e

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Hamden said:

More awe inspiring engineering, outstanding workmanship!

Best wishes for 2019 to you and yours

Kind of you as ever Roger, and the very best to you and yours for a peaceful year also!

19 hours ago, bbudde said:

My best wishes to you and yours.

And the same to yourself and family BenediktProsit Neujahr! 

17 hours ago, hendie said:

Not in the least, not in the slightest, and not in any way whatsoever!

Just as well I suppose given what follows.... :laugh:

17 hours ago, hendie said:

Happy Hogmanay Tony. 

Lang may yer lum reek and may the moose ne'er leave your girnal wi' a tear in its e'e

Most kind hendie.

May all your greetings cards be in German and may all your pigs smoke cigars....

17 hours ago, tonyot said:

Just caught up with this masterclass,....very impressed indeed,......Happy New Year,

Thanks for thoise kind words - and the very same best wishes to yourself and famille!

3 hours ago, giemme said:

Don't think I can recover my jaw as of yet, Tony

Holy gnashers BatGiorgio!

giphy.gif

48 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Happy New Year Tony!

And to thou Brother Ian of the Desert Sands!

48 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

I hope you got a visit from a bearer of coal!

Or rivets.....

'All is quiet on New Year's Day', sang the Bono Dog Doo Dah Band once upon a time.

It is indeed a quiet day here; not a breath of wind and socked in by a thick layer of featureless stratus so that outside has resembled a still photograph since breakfast. We're having one of those reclusive days where time only passes in reference to the coming and going of the cats and ducks in the garden, spiced by the occcasional sizzle and whiff of flux upon the air.

Mountings have been added to the starboard engine-bearer to hold the oleos now:

31614565457_350f709f61_c.jpg

A simple expedient of 1.0mm tubing attached to a baseplate for strength (as this part will have to take the weight of the aircraft on that side):

46503277702_430a1b23ab_c.jpg

The oleos won't get permanently attached until after that structure has been finally mounted inside the nacelle of course. I'll get round to using hendies idea of a plastic mounting block for the port oleo later.

The radius ams also had some overdue attention in terms of how they will be secured at the rear of the nacelles. To allow the brass to pass in under the kits moulding (which is quite thick) I used a drill in the flexible shaft of the Dremel to grind out any plastic that was in the way, and then added a bed of Milliput to the resulting space in each nacelle into which the radii arms were pressed at the correct angle to create a moulding to hold them in place later:

31614565827_6e80059ce3_c.jpg

Like so:

46503278152_aa99df2504_c.jpg

Between the radii arms and oleos, this should ensure now that ther replacement undercarriage will be plenty stable for the modest weight of the aircraft overall:

31614566027_5e97940603_c.jpg

I just posed these for the camera so that you could see the reasoning behind this as the arms needed to come back out of the Milliput before it began to harden. Just as well anyway because I note in the above shot that I've still got to sand down the innner arc of the radius arms a bit more to make them flush with the 'horseshoe' bit down by the axle.

The oil-coollers also had some bits sawn of them. If you recall I found out that that PE for these is too wide and had two too many 'gills' included, thus making them 'chunky danglers' (in hendie's immortal phrase). I sawed two of the outer gills of without any real drama and then decided to solder the starboard one into place on the underside of the nacelle:

46503278332_a7b5957334_c.jpg

I simply don't trust to glue to bond such metal parts together strongly enough in a way to survive all the subsequent handling that will still be involved  and they certainly can't be soldered on after painting - so this seemed the right things to do. As this side of the nacelle is open, I have to also add some 'stubs' on the other side of the oil cooler inside the nacelle in order to represent the ends of it into which the return oil-line from the engine is plumbed.

46503278512_c485a836d6_c.jpg

The port cooler has to be mounted on the kit plastic of course, but I'll can cut some small recesses to give a better grip for that and that can be added after paint. Those coolers definitely look more accurate cut down now anyway so I'm happy to move on from them.

Next task I reckon is to finish the oleo mounting for the port side, sand down the radius arms as mentioned above, and then step away from the nacelles for a bit and do some other part of Annie for variety and sanity.

Oh. Propellors. Anyone any idea about something thinner and more accurate than the kits parts?

How hard could it be to do these in brass? :hmmm:

46555718001_c69c971c6f_c.jpg

Tony

• Like 11