Hello everyone ... Well the foiling is done. 

8Sv0aAt.jpg

Fc2Ty9u.jpg

iKaFj0A.jpg

The colors been patched on the vertical stab. Thats as close to the color i have. Oh the kit would have you use decals for the collision lights. I chose to drill them out and fill with red, green, or aluminum. I will add a drop of clear canopy glue to create the lamps. 

adyygZW.jpg

Im on to the small stuff now with this. I can see the end of this build. Questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

PS - I added the inner bay doors tonight.

xZYLB4U.jpg

Next up missiles, landing gear, outer bay doors, drop tanks, & canopy. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

Hello everybody .. Last night i mounted the landing gear minus the doors. I did the minimal amount of weathering on this that it was going to get. I basically put some dirt on the walkways and on top of the wing where the crew would walk. These were kept immaculate by the crew-chiefs and i doubt there would be anything more than that. 

Dennis

• Like 2

🤨 Minor set back folks. Here i was trying to wrap this build up. Adding all the little hanging off bits and doo-dads. Go to finish the cockpit and BANG a kick to the gentlemans goods. I lost the control column ! How’s the poor pilot supposed to fly ? So Im going to have to scratch it up. This is how she looks as of right now. 

NwpR7ko.jpg

m0X7r7J.jpg

HlDM0TU.jpg

mzOjjGX.jpg

NL1lFqs.jpg

The extended missile trapeze’s were just a joy to mount 🤬. Thanks Convair for designing something so joyous for modeler’s to assemble. 😉 They're in though thanks to copious amounts of Gel C/A. The main gear doors were ok but the bendy mount attaching them to the gear legs is another lovable design by convair ! 🤬 Again attached with copious amounts of C/A. All that is left is to touch up some spots on the landing gear and speed brake, the pitot, the arresting hook, & of course the control column. 

Dennis

• Like 6

Hello everybody ... So I needed to reproduce this. rjx0JL1.jpg

The Deuce’s control stick has two pistol grips. One is for flight, the other if im correct is for targeting or possibly steering radar ? I was able to scratch this today. 

4floy0u.jpg

Its not perfect but it is close and will at least pass visual inspection. Its pouring rain today here so i will take some photo’s for the Gallery and an RFI tomorrow. Questions, comments, or jokes ? 

Dennis

• Like 3

• 2 months later...