Tiger I “131” in Tunisia* - Dragon 1/35

On 25/07/2018 at 16:47, Badder said:

Hi Stix,

If you'd posted every photo separately I'd have given you more than one like.

With this Tiger and your previous Sherman I think you've hit the winning formula. I'm not saying you weren't already a fantastic model-maker before, it's just that these last two are even betterer! I dread to think what you'll be producing in a couple of years time!

Rearguards

Badder

Hi Badder and thank you very much for your kind comments. I have to say I am finding a kind of 'comfort zone' for my modelling - where I have some processes that seem to be doing what I want them to at the moment. Not sure how these will develop but I do have some things I want to experiment with on appropriate projects.

Thank you again. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 1

On ‎26‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 17:35, FrancisGL said:

A magnificent "big cat", very well finished and also very well documented, sorry to have lost me.
I definitely have to make a Tiger one of these days ...:goodjob:

Cheers Stix  :thumbsup2:

Hi Francis. Thank you very much for your comments. I have to say I would love to see you build a Tiger - I'm sure it would be awesome!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Thank you very much for your comments. I have to say I would love to see you build a Tiger - I'm sure it would be awesome!

Kind regards,

Stix

You can believe that I would like it too! ... lol, is such an emblematic model, that everything that is not at least as good as yours, would be a shame.

Confidentially, the first absolutely kit I made when I returned to the hobby, was an Italeri Tiger, which was half assembled / half painted, which was the last kit I left to do in an attempt to use the AB, and which meant the interval of time that I forgot the hobby, because besides the paint equipment that I had, it broke down in this shy attempt ...:rage:

I have to say, that I managed to finish it, already with the new equipment of AB and materials (new but few), like my technique, of another time. I was very happy that I did not throw it away and finish it, but as time went by, I no longer think the same. I see things that I could have done differently and better, but, from then until now I think I will be ready to undertake this model (and others like it, King Tiger, some other Panther, and some PzIv or PzIII.

Cheers Stix :D

• Like 1

On 26/07/2018 at 21:31, Etienne said:

Great paintjob with brush ... I'm really impressed !! E

Thank you Etienne for your very kind comments! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Excellent build and the presentation is excellent as well.

You never can have enough of them so i am looking forward to your next Tiger. Again from Dragon ?

:worthy:

• Thanks 1

On 29/07/2018 at 21:48, Redcoat2966 said:

Nice little "kitty" that Plastix.....yet another one I want to get my teeth into one day. I have some little connection in some way to the Bovington Tiger. My mother's uncle was involved in the capture and recovery of it when he was in the 8th Army. He was "volunteer'd" as they say to hod the area until the back up came to pick her up......as it was common policy I understand for the Germans always to come and get a recoverable AFV if they could.

Really nice tight piece that......:goodjob:

Simon.

Hi Simon. Thank you very much for your comments. Interesting that you have a family connection as well - it would make it even more special if you decided to make a version of '131' yourself one day. You could do a scene with your relative guarding it after its capture.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Simon. Thank you very much for your comments. Interesting that you have a family connection as well - it would make it even more special if you decided to make a version of '131' yourself one day. You could do a scene with your relative guarding it after its capture.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, yes......he told back in the early 80's, long longtime before anyone knew of the Tiger at Bovington. So I've always taken it as a true story. He told me that an officer rounded up a team and got out there to secure the location. While waiting for the engineers etc; a dust cloud was seen coming. As the Axis always recovered AVF's if possible, a fight was assumed to be on the cards. Luckily the RE arrived and the rest is history. He did say there biggest issue was the fact that Tiger was 50+ tons, combined with the transporter; that the bridges over the wadi's could just about take the transporter....so a hair raising time when both were taken back over the same bridges.......:worry:

I think once I've done the Centaur that's on its way to me....the 131 may be next....

Cheers

Simon.

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 15:34, Redcoat2966 said:

Hi Stix, yes......he told back in the early 80's, long longtime before anyone knew of the Tiger at Bovington. So I've always taken it as a true story. He told me that an officer rounded up a team and got out there to secure the location. While waiting for the engineers etc; a dust cloud was seen coming. As the Axis always recovered AVF's if possible, a fight was assumed to be on the cards. Luckily the RE arrived and the rest is history. He did say there biggest issue was the fact that Tiger was 50+ tons, combined with the transporter; that the bridges over the wadi's could just about take the transporter....so a hair raising time when both were taken back over the same bridges.......:worry:

I think once I've done the Centaur that's on its way to me....the 131 may be next....

Cheers

Simon.

Hi Simon. I think its always great to get that kind of real life background information about a part of history. Wonderful. I will look forward to seeing your take on '131'.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 31/07/2018 at 06:37, Hewy said:

Now that is superb painting, love those figures too, exellent 

Glynn 

Thank you very much Glynn - most kind! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 02/08/2018 at 17:42, BlackMax12 said:

Impressive Stix, do you think they miss this at Bovington? The huge hole in the fence probably gives it away though.

Take care,

Lloyd

:rofl2:

Hi Lloyd. You are waaayyyy too kind but thank you! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix

What others already mentioned. very good paint job. At first I just looked at the pics, not reading very well (or at all) until I realised it was made by brush, which in my book makes it remarkable, so hats off to you :)

Cheers

Göran

• Like 1

On 07/08/2018 at 16:44, BerndM said:

Excellent build and the presentation is excellent as well.

You never can have enough of them so i am looking forward to your next Tiger. Again from Dragon ?

:worthy:

Hi Bernd and thank you for your very kind comments.

I'm looking forward to making another Tiger 1. I have couple of Dragon's Tiger 1s with Zimmerit as well as one of their African Tiger 1s. I'm tempted to have a go at one of the ones with Zimmerit next - maybe early next year - probably depending on the GB calendar.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 14/08/2018 at 15:05, Parabat said:

Top notch model of this awesome beast, I feel very privileged to have been to see it at Bovington. Great effects and details you have captured really well. 

Thank you very much Parabat. I am very envious you have been able to actually see 131. At some point I have got to try and visit the Tank Museum.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

beautiful Tiger!!! 

To see a moving Tiger must be a sight to behold! I did not even know there was one in working condition left on this planet. Bovington... Google map to the rescue and a new destination when next in the UK.

Outstanding show!

JR

• Thanks 1

Hi Stix.

I have to say this Tiger is amazing. The detail and level of paint you have achieved with a brush is outstanding. It has given me plenty of tips and motivation to finish my Tiger model.

Regards

Daron

• Thanks 1

On 19/08/2018 at 19:30, Carius said:

Very impressive Tiger. I love the painting too.

Cheers Stix

Thank you very much Carius for your comments. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

On 20/08/2018 at 01:27, Göran said:

What others already mentioned. very good paint job. At first I just looked at the pics, not reading very well (or at all) until I realised it was made by brush, which in my book makes it remarkable, so hats off to you :)

Cheers

Göran

Hi Göran. Thank you very much for your very kind comments. 

Kind regards,

Stix

On 29/08/2018 at 18:28, jean said:

Hi Stix,

beautiful Tiger!!! 

To see a moving Tiger must be a sight to behold! I did not even know there was one in working condition left on this planet. Bovington... Google map to the rescue and a new destination when next in the UK.

Outstanding show!

JR

Hi JR and thank you for your comments. I live in the UK and haven't been to see it yet - something I must rectify soon.

Thank you as well to the modellers who kindly voted for my Tiger in the MTO II GB. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix