F-84f , thunderstreak, luftwaffe

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Good work Glynn.

Sorry to hear about your decal disaster with the Jug, do you have any for similar schemes that you could use? If not iv'e got quite a few P-47 sheets you can have a scheme from.

Looking forward to seeing some paint on the F-84.

Cheers craig thats very kind of you,  i don't have any other p-47 decals at all for the razor back, I'm going to email techmod  and see if i get a reply.     i didnt even get most of the ones i tried off the sheet they just disintegrated before my eyes, I'm not going  to repaint the majority of it, the d day stripes are staying, although they're for that particular aircraft as they were further out from the wing root, thats maybe something I'll have to live with if i change the scheme, after a  bit of research on available schemes, if i can't get replacements are, fearless dick-wild bette, and joan, both were bare metal jugs with full stripes, although they were both ground attack, not fighters i believe, - (change the tanks, for bombs)   the other schemes i like but don't seem to be able to locate at the moment are  kansas tornado, and blonde angel(this one would suit the tanks I've painted) i spent most of the morning trying to piece them back together on the model but testosterone got the better of me I'm afraid, i hope its not shelf bound, 

Cheers mate

Glynn 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Cheers craig thats very kind of you,  i don't have any other p-47 decals at all for the razor back, I'm going to email techmod  and see if i get a reply.     i didnt even get most of the ones i tried off the sheet they just disintegrated before my eyes, I'm not going  to repaint the majority of it, the d day stripes are staying, although they're for that particular aircraft as they were further out from the wing root, thats maybe something I'll have to live with if i change the scheme, after a  bit of research on available schemes, if i can't get replacements are, fearless dick-wild bette, and joan, both were bare metal jugs with full stripes, although they were both ground attack, not fighters i believe, - (change the tanks, for bombs)   the other schemes i like but don't seem to be able to locate at the moment are  kansas tornado, and blonde angel(this one would suit the tanks I've painted) i spent most of the morning trying to piece them back together on the model but testosterone got the better of me I'm afraid, i hope its not shelf bound, 

Cheers mate

Glynn 

Don't worry mate, give me a day or so to look through the stash but I'm sure I have at least some of the options you mentioned. What i will do is check which sheets I have and give you the numbers of them (you can usually find the instruction sheets for them online) and you tell me which one you want.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Don't worry mate, give me a day or so to look through the stash but I'm sure I have at least some of the options you mentioned. What i will do is check which sheets I have and give you the numbers of them (you can usually find the instruction sheets for them online) and you tell me which one you want.

Craig your a star, i owe you one, I've just posted up on the p-47 gb

Glynn 

• Like 1

With th p-47 razorback now finished i can get stuck into painting the streak, I've primed it all over, and  painted the undersides, I'll do the gear bays next, i didn't gloss it i picked up the wrong paint at the lms the other weekend🙈

Cheers 

Glynn 

XjInTI9.jpg

xzRQRh1.jpg

• Like 5

21 hours ago, franky boy said:

Great work Glyn 

I love the slightly mottled look to the paint work

James

21 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice Glynn, looks subtly weathered.

Thanks, james, craig, hopfully because its  already gloss  paint it'll be less in your face with a clay based wash and a matt down, I'm hoping that finish will be enough to decal and wash without adding more  any more gloss coat, fingers crossed. 

Glynn 

• Like 1

I got carried away on the streak, and after doing the bottom of the fuselage, i did the top half,but i couldn't find the mask set i bought for the canopy, so i threw caution to the wind and painted any way, i have discovered it since and it is definitely the next job, as i did with the undersides, the upper has also been given a faded look, I used clever putty to mask between  the grey and green to create a softer line as the actual camo is on the aircraft,  as you can see i still have to soften the line between  the upper and lower camo

As it stands at the moment

Cheers

Glynn 

LR2Fi62.jpg

Cwl2Xa4.jpg

1wq6Btz.jpg

SyOAXhV.jpg

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

:worthy: IMPRESSIVE paintjob ... Im really liking the faded look. 

Thanks dennis, seeing as i held off on  fully weathering the silver lady i thought I'd cut loose here a bit and have some fun, 

Glynn 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Very nice Glynn.

Certainly looks like she has spent some time outside and being well used and I like it.

The clever putty has worked well, a nice soft demarcation line.

"Ta" mate, I'm sure once i cover it in alclad aqua gloss it'll calm down somewhat, hopfully it'll all blend in a bit too, 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jabba said:

The way that camo scheme has been applied is very impressive.

11 hours ago, Marlin said:

Nice paintwork Glynn. :thumbsup:

/Bosse

Thanks  guys, I've masked and fitted the canopy tonight, I'll paint it up tomorrow and update befor i gloss it ready for decals and wash. I've also seen some camouflaged luftwaffe f-84fs on the net with bare metal tanks, i like the look of these, so I've done mine in bare metal finish too, 

Glynn 

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 1

On 25/08/2018 at 19:56, modelling minion said:

Very nice Glynn.

Certainly looks like she has spent some time outside and being well used and I like it.

The clever putty has worked well, a nice soft demarcation line.

Thanks craig,well used and faded is the aim, hopefully the gloss won't completely destroy it

• Like 1

Canopy on and painted,  and the rest of the small details done, its also been glossed with alclad aqua gloss, and I've given the panel lines a going over  with a clay based dark dirt wash, next the undercarriage, and airbrake bays, 

I hoped the undersides being gloss paint would be good for a wash without xtra glossing, 

This wasn't the case, there was staining and a general darkening of the finish, so it had to have a little blow over in quite a few  places to re lighten it, 

Apologies for the picture heavy post, 

Cheers 

Glynn 

muSO7t1.jpg

mnGnzC9.jpg

Tanks with a coat or two of ak extreme metal paints

LNbtFrF.jpg

Glossed, washed, and extra bits painted

zxqsZvr.jpg

dvxjJPU.jpg

9aNCq6N.jpg

lIYIotL.jpg

nqsAVaN.jpg

j5pgqUq.jpg

• Like 8

You've created a great worn and faded finish there Glynn. The blue band and silver tanks add a nice touch of colour to balance it out.

• Thanks 1

On 03/09/2018 at 07:01, Col. said:

You've created a great worn and faded finish there Glynn. The blue band and silver tanks add a nice touch of colour to balance it out.

Thanks  col

28 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Awesome looking paintwork Glynn! Somehow it just gets better and better! Utterly stunning. Beautiful modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Cheers stix, far too kind,

Decals underway

Glynn

rW4s7Vr.jpg

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Excellent work Glynn.

As has been said the paintwork is superb, the decals look like they are behaving really well.

This is going to be another cracker mate.

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Now looking fantastic with the decals going on. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

Ta stix, this will take a few seaaions to do, the decals are behaving impeccably, you have to cut them out from the sheet yourself as they're all attached to the one decal film, so its taking a lot longer, and there's lots of tiny  stencils🙄, cheers craig

Glynn 

• Like 2