F-84f , thunderstreak, luftwaffe

• 1 month later...

It's been a while, due it being temporarily shelved, but I'm happy with the finish now, little disasters included having to repaint the port wing, with the decals already on, and snapping off all three undercarriage legs at various times, in the end i brass pinned them, a super little kit not many parts, and well fitting, but the undercarriage connections are very poor, thanks everybody for commenting and liking, and  to the mods, another great gb

Glynn 

iJlkRgj.jpg

O6CKnZI.jpg

cXfQ4bF.jpg

MD0pO0P.jpg

q4sbnt9.jpg

0Z9dwSv.jpg

• Like 5

And just because, if the f-84f ever had to go on a bombing mission, this may very well have intercepted it, a yak 28p firebar, built in the last nato warpack gb, a little comparison 😁

Glynn 

oJzxC6Z.jpg

6B8bYXX.jpg

dsmY0Yc.jpg

q6S130q.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 6

Cheers craig, the way the paint looked before the clears i thought I'd overcooked it, but i had a hope it was going to calm down a bit more, the old firebar, took some dusting off, i don't have a cabinet like yours, mine are exposed to the household elements, 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, franky boy said:

Great work Glynn

Live the pics if them both together. They make quite a pair.

James

Thanks james, yeh that 28p  is pretty big compared to th f-84f, which isn't a small jet itself

On 27/10/2018 at 20:39, Col. said:

What a great result! Very nice indeed and great to see your Yak-28P again :wub: 

Thanks col, the yak did a couple of successful attack runs on the dog after I'd made her airworthy with a duster😁

Glynn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, John D.C. Masters said:

Your Sabre is really nice.

It's a Thunderstreak John! :banghead: Like a Sabre but on a diet of extra sugar, double cream and lard!

Glynn,

You've done a grand job with both the Thunderstreak and the Yak-28 which I hadn't seen before.

I think in reality the Thunderstreak would have been hooning in too low and fast for the Yak to intercept, I think the radar would've struggled with the clutter at low level which, speculation on my part and fortunately, we never found out.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 01/11/2018 at 17:56, Wez said:

It's a Thunderstreak John! :banghead: Like a Sabre but on a diet of extra sugar, double cream and lard!

Glynn,

You've done a grand job with both the Thunderstreak and the Yak-28 which I hadn't seen before.

I think in reality the Thunderstreak would have been hooning in too low and fast for the Yak to intercept, I think the radar would've struggled with the clutter at low level which, speculation on my part and fortunately, we never found out.

Ahh, john must have realised😊, and i agree, the streak was a chunky monkey, in reality i don't think either side were very advanced back then in the low level radar game, your right though thank the lord we never found out, cheers wez, most kind