F-84f , thunderstreak, luftwaffe

I'll be building a 1/48, luftwaffe f-84f thunderstreak, in camouflage, i dont have any extras for it bar aftermarket decals, I'm a bit under prepared at the moment, looking forward to starting it though 

L6RqOCk.jpg

yfACWQl.jpg

• Like 11

Good choice Glynn. You and I seem to be in tune - didn’t we both do the Yak-28 in the 70s NATO vs Warpac GB? - now we’re doing an F-84F and RF-84F in the 60s version!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Nice choice Glynn, will look nice in Luftwaffe camo.

Don't know if it's still available but Quickboost did a replacement intake ring for this kit, which as far as I know is the only issue with it.

Cheers craig I'll round one of those up

7 hours ago, zebra said:

Good choice Glynn. You and I seem to be in tune - didn’t we both do the Yak-28 in the 70s NATO vs Warpac GB? - now we’re doing an F-84F and RF-84F in the 60s version!

So we did z, cool

Glynn 

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

yeah you can still find them on evilBay.

Nice choice as well, the Luftwaffe is going to be covered nicely.

Cheers rich, i think the later nato buyers of this aircraft fitted a different seat, a martin baker one, i think it may have been out out of this ones time frame though, i believe the squadron boxing of this kit has a resin  mb seat included, a bit of research to do me thinks

• Like 1

Nice subject choice Glynn. You've still a week to go for adding any extra bling before the GB officialy starts ;) 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Silver Fox said:

I think the Quickboost nose ring is for the Kinetic/Italeri F-84F which has the odd intake. The Hobbyboss nose was correct on the one I built. Check your references before purchasing?

I have done a smidgion of research here, and it seems your correct silver fox,  it looks like hobbyboss have done some good work on this one, I'm as surprised as anyone, 

54 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Looking forward to seeing your build in progress Glynn. Great choice. 

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks stix, to be honest it looks a lovely kit,  and superbly detailed,    theres even a small pe set included. 

11 hours ago, Col. said:

Nice subject choice Glynn. You've still a week to go for adding any extra bling before the GB officialy starts ;) 

I think masks are a definite start col, craig is good at masking canopys with tape, me naah, ebay here i come

Glynn 

• Like 2

I've got one of these in the to-do pile, mine will be in either Dutch or Belgian markings but will have to wait for another time, I have too much on my plate already!

Looking forward to seeing this one come to fruition.

• Thanks 1

I'm going to get a start on the board with the cockpit, i opted for grey not interior green that hobbyboss had suggested, although this may mean its a later block example, still in the timeframe for the gb, but a bit of mystery as to the seat, should perhaps be  a martin baker one fitted after delivery by nato countries, when exactly i don't know, 

I painted it and glued it together then mucked it up the only option was a bath of isopropyl to strip it back, this then due to the fact I'd glued it together meant painting the details proved nigh on impossible, so into the decal drawer to hunt down any ip console decals i could use, hobbyboss  molded cockpit details are usually spurious anyway, so correctness out of the window on they went, it does look suitably busy though, also after building up the cockpit the seat looked a little spartan so i made up some faux sheepskin cushions, in for a penny, as they say, perhaps  have the canopy closed, and maybe a tarp over it😄

Cheers 

Glynn 

God only knows whats wrong with the camera

And i must put  a splash of micro sol on those decals, 

HoGfhq1.jpg

TT6fN8q.jpg

k7ThqHO.jpg

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Col. said:

Loving the sheepskin seat covers :D 

I was going to do the  cushions in milliput, but it had gone rock hard in the drawer, nowt wrong with a bit of comfort up there in the clouds col, 

Cheers 

Glynn 

• Like 1

Cheers craig those pe supplied seat belts were about as malleable as a dessert spoon, maybe uri geller could have bent them to shape better, i couldnt, thickest pe I've seen, 

Glynn 

• Haha 1

Due to the heat, I've not been in the modelling lair much, but I've been working on the streak the last couple of late evenings,the air brakes have been drilled and cut out, these have a pe outer panel perforated that needs to be bent to shape ,cockpit finished, and the fuselage glued together, basically the construction is about done, apart from  the uc, and tanks, I've made a start sanding and polishing the seams ready for paint, all in all a really nicley fitting and easy, stress free build, not that mant parts for a change, some pe to do next before priming

RLKsGjE.jpg

GIDuoUM.jpg

HBFUyjl.jpg

kQlLEIO.jpg

9eL5uIu.jpg

A smidgion of filler in the wing roots was about  it

qCfJI4H.jpg

Wtb3uX8.jpg

Cheer

Glynn 

Edited by Hewy
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Jabba said:

Well done with the progress that you have made. Like many others I really do like the look that you have achieved with the seat cushions.

Cheers jabba, a bit of rough sanding sponge trimmed up, should have been milliput but its been that long since I used it last it'd gone off. 

Glynn 

After consigning my other gb model a p-47 razorback to the temporary shelf of doom after a complete decal disaster, i thought for mojos sake I'd crack on here, 

I've applied the kit supplied photo etch for the airbrakes that I'd drilled through earlier, and the strips to the upper wings, I've also fitted  the pylons, i reckon I'm ready for some painting, 

nVTIqqH.jpg

rOzswDT.jpg

P8vuwBM.jpg

These are the paint I'll be using 

UQkM57z.jpg

• Like 6