image.jpg

Having read this book in January, it gave me an idea for my entry in the MTO GB.

image.jpg

a map of a he ground covered to reach the objective, the SAS were to take out a radio mast, the LRDG were to hit an airfield leaving the SiG and the Commandos to head to Tobruk to free the POWs from the cages and hold the harbour for the seaborne attack.

The diorama depicts a scene from Kufra oasis, this is the town in Libya the SiG LRDG and Commandos met up. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Weaver’s Warbirds said:

Wow!! I love the weathered vehicles and very well done buildings. What did you use to produce the sand texture for the groundwork?

Thanks Weavers Warbirds,

i used air drying clay for the ground work, the sand texture is actual sand that I brought back from Iraq from my many trips. 

Absolutely brilliant diorama Ozzy!! Your attention to detail is superb. And your idea of looking between buildings and foliage really adds another dimension! Great modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely brilliant diorama Ozzy!! Your attention to detail is superb. And your idea of looking between buildings and foliage really adds another dimension! Great modelling! Very well done. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix,

I’m glad I didn’t try and copy the diorama as mentioned in my build thread, it’s all come together really nicely. The fact I can position the leaves is an added bonus, to tease the viewer into asking what’s going on over there. It also helped that my local model shop can get custom sized bases, which meant I wasn’t constrained by the dimensions of a off the shelf base.

• Like 1