This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

corsaircorp

For my Scottish friends !

Not sure about the onions rings myself.... they are a bit too 'vegetable' for my liking. The Pizza crunch now though, it may kill you but it will be a pleasant death.

6 minutes ago, Beardie said:

The Pizza crunch now though,

You could always remove the veg Beardie!

fried-pizza.jpg

On 8/20/2018 at 7:19 AM, corsaircorp said:

Here a Cell phone video, sorry for the quality !

Sincerely.

CC

Nice, but they could have been a bit more original in selecting what they played in their set ...

Probably a 'common ground' job. Whenever you get even a couple of pipe bands together it tends to boil down to The Green Hills of Tyrol, Amazing Grace, Scotland the Brave and, if you're lucky, Bonnie Dundee.

They made a right pigs ear bringing the bands in to Amazing Grace too if you want to be picky. Something tells me the lads in green aren't really from the Black Watch.

I suspect they've nothing much in common with "The Forty and Twa" other than the tartan. And I notice at least one piper on the RHS of the video who was definitely not in Highland rig!

Hello Dears,

In fact, the pipe bands are belgians, the set is not original, I must say ! But I think that it's answering a public demand.

I would say that listening to a pipe band always give me goose bumps, I really love it !! Now, my most moving pipe experience was listening to Bill Millin playing Amazing Grace at Pegasus bridge. Or listening to the Dear Mr Smellie playing some music on his uncle grave. Amazing, I love pipe band, thistels, Gordon and Lamphroaig..... Don't know if my father has had an affair with à scottish girl ???? 

Sincerely

CC

They should have played The Old Black Bear.

12 hours ago, Beardie said:

Not sure about the onions rings myself....

Put them in a doggy bag then pop into a chinese on the way home for some ribs....

On 7/23/2018 at 4:53 AM, Beardie said:

Thanks for pointing that out to me. It is more than a little confusing as the 1st became the 9th while Coppens was serving with them and then in 1946 the thistle was bestowed upon 351 squadron and then, in 1948 it became the 1st squadron of the second wing. I was fairly sure that the thistle wasn't Coppens' personal insignia as I seem to recall that my 'Belgian Camels' decal sheet from Pheon has a camel on it with the thistle, possibly Olieslagers?

I have Coppens' book and although I don't have it in front of me now, I seem to remember him stating that he designed the thistle emblem as the Squadron motif. It did indeed go through a few changes.

Ian

I don't have that book myself, need to hunt a copy down. Thanks for the information Ian.

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

I have Coppens' book and although I don't have it in front of me now, I seem to remember him stating that he designed the thistle emblem as the Squadron motif. It did indeed go through a few changes.

Ian

Hello Ian,

I remember, if my memory did'nt fail, that there was an Hanriot HD 1 painted as per the Coppens 's one in Hendon

But I no longer see her the 2 last times I get up there.

The thistle badge is still in use in the 1st belgian Sqdn, on the F-16 tails

AND I HOPE THAT THE F-16 WILL BE REPLCED BY TYPHOONS !! That will be Loooovely

I must confess that I did'nt like the F-35.

Sincerely.

CC

Of course there’s this famous image

43752770385_b4e5df04c5_b.jpg

Ttevor

3 hours ago, Max Headroom said:

Of course there’s this famous image

43752770385_b4e5df04c5_b.jpg

Ttevor

And this one ...

ann

or this

019b

But the most amazing was the Black Mirage V, will find it...

Sincerely.

CC

On 9/13/2018 at 11:13 PM, corsaircorp said:

Hello Ian,

I remember, if my memory did'nt fail, that there was an Hanriot HD 1 painted as per the Coppens 's one in Hendon

But I no longer see her the 2 last times I get up there.

The thistle badge is still in use in the 1st belgian Sqdn, on the F-16 tails

AND I HOPE THAT THE F-16 WILL BE REPLCED BY TYPHOONS !! That will be Loooovely

I must confess that I did'nt like the F-35.

Sincerely.

CC

The HD1 was traded to TVAL in NZ where she is now flying again!

Ian

Thanks Phoenix,

I was looking for her in my old slide collection !

We were at Florennes AB when the Blackbird and the Milky way opened the show !!

I missed a crash !! A corporal at the gate enforce me to let my car on the tarmac, however I told him that it is a taxiway !!

But I had to make the forms before entering the base, I repeat that we were listening the SNECMA whistling, that can be hazardous to let the car there !

But he just would not listening what I said

Entering the desk for filling the forms and we listened the pilot of the Mirage Screaming about that little green golf on the taxiway….:evil_laugh::evil_laugh:

The same corporal so autoritarian a few minutes before begged me to move my car quickly :rofl2:

Then we've got a great laugh about it at the Squadron bar !!

Sincerely.

CC

Would have been fun to see the face of the car insurance broker…. What is the adverse vehicle ?? A Mirage V Sir !!:rofl2::rofl2:

Edited by corsaircorp