MV-22 Osprey 1/48

Here's my 1/48 MV-22 Osprey, Italeri is the only one in this scale but I always thought with a little work it could be made into an operational aircraft. I found some photos of USMC aircraft in theatre that were very dirty and that was what made me put it on the workbench.

A little work here and there became a lot more. I reshaped the hump on the wing center, dropped flaps, moved the rudders, improved the cockpit, added seat belts, built bulkheads, life raft, chaff/flare dispensers, hand holds, opened the side door, and remade the windscreen wipers to name a few.

Xtradecals make a couple of decal sheets that were essential, tons of stenciling, vents and things with some nice schemes.

I was starting to make the rear door gun mount but think I'll get the Black Dog CV-22 set which includes it and also some nice dropped flaps that I'll replace my crudely cut ones with.

I can't believe it will be long before a new 1/48 Osprey comes out and wanted to relieve my stash of this big box before that time comes.

I had a lot of issues that didn't quite go right so it's one of my models that 'looks better at a distance'.  I'm glad I did it and it looks great next to my F-18F and AV-8B on the shelf.

hYW8uE2.jpg

xzayoY9.jpgR1gpGWr.jpg0nJo5q1.jpg?1YsIB01k.jpg

2bIOtto.jpgvkx9nVh.jpgQIqOcwq.jpg1zSEPTZ.jpgiMow3jD.jpgQVMQ7Qq.jpg6lKHp9r.jpg

• Like 45

Very Nice rendition of today’s version! I’m more than agree with you, we should have today an actual good 48’ scale replica of this extraordinary machine! The paint job, weathering & everything else is gorgeous! I have also this kit on my stash. I might buy a second one for a diorama with a « all folded » configuration...🤔

congrats again!

Frank

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...