Supermarine Seafire FR,.47.

Hi all.......

After some months lurking around my pile of unfinished projects, I was calling it finally finished, but can't claim victory yet...!!!

It's the (IMHO) excelletn Airfix kit, built OOB, except for some belts made from lead foil. Painted with Gunze Sangyo colours, and keeping weathering to a minimun. As you can clearly see, the roundels have settled with a see through effect, and must be replaced....Anyway, it was a pleasure to build this kit. My apologies for the poor quality of the pics.

41735238510_7265b2d59e_c.jpgIMGP0030 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

29671909698_38a7065f5f_c.jpgIMGP0031 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

43543625091_20f9ef83e8_c.jpgIMGP0032 by Arturo Navarro, en Flickr

Edited by Artie
  • Like 22

Very smart build there. I like it!

In my experience you will almost always get a bit of show-through when placing roundels across such sharply contrasting underlying colours. If you expect it every time you can prepare yourself by masking off a circle of white under where the decal will fit. Some people will put down a disc of white decal but, personally, I prefer the painted route.

Anyway, lovely build and hope mine looks as good as that when I get to it.

Thanks for showing it to us!Ā :like:

ATB

Rick

Artie, I like your Seafire.Ā  I took the liberty of adjusting the exposure of one of your photos, hope you don't mind.Ā  Lightened and raised the color temp a little.

Ā 

artieseafire47adjusted.jpg

Edited by jeaton01

Thank you very much for your kind comments, Sirs...

To be hones, that's a kit with a great potential, and in the hands of a better skilled modelelr than me, it can tourn into an excellent one. I love these Airfix late mark Seafires/Spitfires, and hope to get better results in my next one..

Best regards...!!!