IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL.1, JAGDPANZER IV L/48 ITALERI 1/35

22 minutes ago, Soeren said:

Nice Francis, I just see vol. 1. What do you plan for vol. 2?

Hi Soeren, obviously it will be another tank destroyer ... lol, but I'm hesitating which one to decide, if a Stug (it will be III or it will be IV ...:shrug:), or a Jadgpanther ... as I finish with this one, I think it will help me to decide it ...:hmmm:

Thanks for your interest mate 👍

On 9/7/2018 at 5:06 PM, FrancisGL said:

Maany thanks mate for your interest, i'm glad you like it, I still have to finish this...:snail:,sorry :D, but although I hope to make more models (fingers crossed ... lol). Maybe you like to see the models already finished and posted in the forum, there are not too many, but you can see the weathering of each one, already done. If you wish, give me a warning and I'll send you the links.

Cheers SA80A2AR 👍

your warning has arrived! 😉  thnx a bunch

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SA80A2AR said:

your warning has arrived! 😉  thnx a bunch

Here you have the links if you want to see other models already finished. You can see the finishing date of each kit on the link, that gives an idea of how I have been "mutating" my modest skills. There is some model that is "revised", you can also read it, with tracks of metal or plastic, added later or some weathering / extra equipment.

I hope there is something that you like.

Cheers mate 👍

UPDATE 05:

Hi Pals, today possibly the last push for the model, and this time, I continued with weathering, but adding vegetable remains.

IHMO, I think it gives a very convenient touch to the model, once "framing" the composition, making it like "Adam", go from being naked to having a more real look with "your leaf" ... lol

On the one hand, there are remains of leaves in the lower part of the vehicle, and tracks, which are varied "true" leaves, previously collected, and once dried, crushed, crushed, until you get small pieces of plant material like the ones you see.

Others, there are small "complete" leaves, by random parts of the vehicle, because we do not have to forget, that it is a Tank-destroyer, and that its best asset is to be hidden in the forest, to give the best of itself. same, ambush time !.

These small leaves, I have managed to make a small "die" with the shape of the leaf, and applying it to the "real leaves". This utensil, consisted of a piece of metal, like the ones that are used for cake shop in real size, to make stars, hearts, and fun shapes ...with the desired shape (leave), and fixed with instant glue to a stick, all very artisan and very ... fragile.

At the end, after trying as "a million times", I got enough leaves for the kit (and some more for later ...), but at the cost of having to rebuild the utensil several times, and finally break it by the use continued.

A good idea, but i have to improve it ...

To fix both leaves, a drop of matt varnish, and when dry will be very well attached to the vehicle.

Then a gentle brushing to remove those that were not subject.

I tried to put the vehicle "Schürzen" lateral, but not to be very well placed, another detail in the cons of the kit, weathering work in the bottom of the model, is totally lost.

Still, I've put the anchors (not all). The ideal would have been to put them on, but be able to remove them whenever you wanted.

xI8eDpA.jpg

cwnQ2qy.jpg

wdcopkM.jpg

l0ktXAX.jpg

v00dlod.jpg

gnPsPlA.jpg

OG7v7KF.jpg

GEUvzn4.jpg

VF8PBR8.jpg

MtONeTE.jpg

One thing that occurred to me seeing photos of models already finished, was that in some there were small vehicles next to the model, and I liked it so much, that I rummaged in my spare parts boxes, and found a small bicycle to 1/35, from Italerí .

He can be about 25 years old or less, and he was still in his sprues. It is not especially "delicate", but it has a pretty good detail for how old it is.

So, I gave it a try, and although it was the first bike I built, I think it was a success.
The crew already have a "support vehicle", and can go through the nearest town for wine and cheese, for example ... lol

Around here the mounted bike,

F7osPQy.jpg

and ... voilà ... here the finished bike ... lol

UeOPKcP.jpg

Once dry, I think there is a very good "pairing" between the vehicles.

4DF58Jl.jpg

jUTwKQw.jpg

Some photos on top of the model, next to it, and on a small base to see how it would look like in a diorama ...

l9eESaJ.jpg

dUBD3U5.jpg

an8zjX8.jpg

n1iMblQ.jpg

A final detail, the antenna, not metal, but fiber.

pQtVCNG.jpg

VYkvw6U.jpg

VS2d4Oe.jpg

utp6NS1.jpg

Ua9kwdB.jpg

iALllED.jpg

5lYf3EB.jpg

Eq1H6qG.jpg

DMhmd5D.jpg

Ypu4hmy.jpg

BPqSiR8.jpg

Flash shots...

HfFDene.jpg

yTlFSyv.jpg

eVGZb6u.jpg

HlPB018.jpg

As always, thanks for watch and comment, now Reflex camera session (coming soon, i hope...lol), after TD Vol.2...:D

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/09/2018 at 22:38, PlaStix said:

Wow! That looks very impressive! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Many thanks for your like and kind, words, I did not find the work done very good in view of the almost zero feedback so far, but it seems that someone does not think the same .. lol.
I'm getting lazy to prepare the "mini-studio" for the RTI photos with the Reflex camera ...:sleepy:

Cheers Stix :D