IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL.1, JAGDPANZER IV L/48 ITALERI 1/35

Well, that's turned out rather good Francis! I'm loving the faded camo, the rust and the weathering effects. That sure looks like a great big hunk of metal. I think I read somewhere that tracks were sometimes put on backwards, but I can't recall if it was done deliberately, or accidentally.

Rearguards

Badder.

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2018 at 12:41, Badder said:

Well, that's turned out rather good Francis! I'm loving the faded camo, the rust and the weathering effects. That sure looks like a great big hunk of metal. I think I read somewhere that tracks were sometimes put on backwards, but I can't recall if it was done deliberately, or accidentally.

Rearguards

Badder.

I am very happy to see you back here, as always your opinion and interest are very appreciated.

It is true that I have seen in pictures T34s with wheels of various types mixed, and even one with less than the corresponding ones, but this of the tracks ... it is not easy to imagine that in full theater of war (I do not even want to imagine the conditions) , some tracks will be placed as if to keep going ...

I confess that in my case, the tracks, it was not on purpose, I realized too late, it has been very difficult to finish them, and when I did, I did not dare to take it off because I ran the risk of ruining everything ( I wanted to do it, you did not want broth, so take two cups ...:rage:lol), if we add heat (fortunately the first heat wave we have endured, is already ending, but we continue with the good 30ºC inside the house), nothing helps, nothing to model ... lol :tumble:

It takes shape little by little, the pigments in the exhaust, it seems that it is a good trick, it is quite "rusted" and "spoiled". I still do not like the colors, but I hope they end up coinciding with something that does.

Cheers Badder :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

Coming nicely. You building them to quick, I am not so often on the forum to follow yours builds, he, he. One visit - you showing the box, my next visit and model almost done.

• Thanks 1

Hi Francis. Somehow managed to miss this before. Utterly, utterly stunning model building, upgrading, painting and weathering. Top notch modelling all around. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

On 16/08/2018 at 20:27, Kris B said:

Coming nicely. You building them to quick, I am not so often on the forum to follow yours builds, he, he. One visit - you showing the box, my next visit and model almost done.

Many thanks, I'm glad you like it, with this, I have a kind of special purpose, I need to know soon if it's going to be a member of my showcase, or a member of my wastebasket ... lol.

The most basic (and a little more), is already done, but I still have the part for me of the most decisive, the weathering and some accessory, to give that touch of reality and away from a detailed toy ...

Cheers Kris 👍

On 20/08/2018 at 13:48, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. Somehow managed to miss this before. Utterly, utterly stunning model building, upgrading, painting and weathering. Top notch modelling all around. :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, It's costing me, because when I think I have something controlled, another "fire" arises, maybe it's not my best work, but I think I'm "weathering the storm", with a decent result.
Now I see it a bit "naked", but when I add the equipment and something vegetation I think it will take a more appropriate aspect.

Cheers Stix 👍👍

• Like 1

On 20/08/2018 at 14:20, Hamden said:

Very nice work the exhaust looks particularly effective!

Roger 

Many thanks for your kind words, i'm glad you like it, I still need a little bit of treatment, but it's already very much to my taste ...

Cheers Roger 👍

UPDATE 04:

Again, a new advance in the assembly of the kit.

Continuing, I have begun to add details of the equipment of the vehicle, such as tools, and some "neglected" weapon.

Time to give a touch to the tracks, to include the supports for the side skirts.

I start with the lower weathering of the running train, and tracks, with some wash, to add pigments as dry mud (I like them more like that), after successive layers of at least two colors.

I add some shots with flash, because although the color varies somewhat, it is possible to appreciate with great detail the appearance of the mud / dust adhered to the vehicle.

When it is very dry, my idea is to include vegetable remains for different parts of the vehicle.

AaNaEIy.jpg

ebsQc7N.jpg

tGsBtgz.jpg

W0c8T90.jpg

kIb6f1P.jpg

bUSt4je.jpg

JG41Qiy.jpg

A7UnvbT.jpg

E0j3A2n.jpg

KB6gzfy.jpg

IZkC7O4.jpg

mdwmPqR.jpg

Flash shots!

C4Qfyq9.jpg

KezpJck.jpg

utP5NRb.jpg

iEuczA0.jpg

Injwcs4.jpg

Flash shots again...

jSjnMll.jpg

i3w6OBT.jpg

As always, thanks for watch and comment.

Cheers mates. :winkgrin:

• Like 5

On 05/09/2018 at 09:30, PlaStix said:

Hi Francis. That is really awesome. Your weathering is really bringing it to life. Very well done. :clap2:

Kind regards,

Stix

You're very kind Stix, i'm glad you like it, You say very well, i think weathering is the "spice" that really makes a bunch of plastic go to a cute toy, to end up in something very similar to what was the reality of the model.

As in real life, the passage from adolescence to adulthood, a time when it is easy to ruin the previous work, or just the opposite ... lol

Thanks for your like too, cheers Stix 👍

• Like 1

On 06/09/2018 at 08:09, SA80A2AR said:

that weathering is simply AMAZING.  :thumbsup:

congrats and i look forward to seeing more of your builds

Maany thanks mate for your interest, i'm glad you like it, I still have to finish this...:snail:,sorry :D, but although I hope to make more models (fingers crossed ... lol). Maybe you like to see the models already finished and posted in the forum, there are not too many, but you can see the weathering of each one, already done. If you wish, give me a warning and I'll send you the links.

Cheers SA80A2AR 👍

Edited by FrancisGL