IT'S TIME...AMBUSH!!, GERMAN TANK DESTROYERS VOL.1, JAGDPANZER IV L/48 ITALERI 1/35

Hi Pals, I would like to share this new project with all of you. It is a model in my opinion quite interesting. I have decided to try the kit that Italeri offers, since it includes PEs, metal barrel gun, several types of pieces to choose, and as it says in the box, it is a new mold, in addition to having achieved it at a very competitive price.

Later, as I start to assemble it, I'll see how good the kit is. With this, I plan to try something new in regards to paint and weathering techniques, as well as a set of Eduards's PEs.

Thanks for watch and comments and always. :D

t7CM8Xx.jpg

51Su454.jpg

lc7giXy.jpg

MkjX1xp.jpg

Yr8nnyD.jpg

bAhNjaF.jpg

RkYCmbw.jpg

LYhAvLj.jpg

Link to RTI section...

Edited by FrancisGL
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, Ripaman said:

Hi Francis, nice to see you back, and yes it is quite interesting and will look forward to your updates.

Regards

Richard

Many thanks for your like and kind words, I hope to move forward with the kit soon, and do not give me a lot of work ...:confused:

Cheers Richard :yes:

On 22/07/2018 at 19:49, Silenoz said:

Nice hunter... Enjoy this build

Many thanks for your follow and interest, I hope so and do not give me a lot of headaches, because with Italeri, sometimes happens ...

Cheers Silenoz :thumbsup2:

On 23/07/2018 at 14:08, Soeren said:

Great, I had an eye on that as well. But there were no reviews around. It will be interesting to read your impressions.

MAny thanks for your interest, this vehicle has always attracted me, because although it seems less popular than the Stugs, it is also very peculiar and somewhat strange in its forms.

I remember a long time ago having made one of the Japanese brand Nichimo, motorized, although it was with a long barrel. Actually I have not seen any more kits, so when I saw this, I decided to give it a try. On what is seen, it seems quite complete, although later I will comment on what IMHO is really like.

Cheers Soeren :thumbsup2:

UPDATE 01:

Hi Pals, here you can see the progress of the week. The first thing was to make the hull, which consists of several pieces, and not just one. The bad thing is that it has almost no support between some pieces and others, so it is difficult to be straight and properly.

I came up with this "homemade trick" so that it had enough grip until it was firmly fixed, and the sides were not pushed in by the force of the elastic rubber bands.

I have continued with the rolling train, which in some pieces, give us the option to choose which one to use, which is a good thing, because I am seeing that there are going to be enough "spare" pieces.

One pass with the sand paper to all (ufff ...), and once ready, mounted in place, to continue with the tracks.

On the positive side, to say that, I think they are quite correct, and they are link to link, but, on the other hand, the adjustment is very "crude" in my opinion. I had to pass a file on the inside for each of them, to fit something better, and then when sticking, I found it quite difficult to stay in place, even with the help of masking tape.

The lower part is relatively simple, it is straight, but the top that wanted to be something saggy, have been a real nightmare, at least for me, maybe someone with more skill than I probably think different, and to finish the difficulty, "close them" has already been: "to throw it!...".:rage:
In the end I have achieved what I set out to do.

I did not like the kit, and I suspect it will give me some more surprises ...:confused:

tsnIKlC.jpg

3k3lfOe.jpg

C0z5OkU.jpg

ifZyVvX.jpg

U9kLAeM.jpg

EeJUswi.jpg

bxC3a0x.jpg

dykEWO9.jpg

GxI11nO.jpg

hrpQj81.jpg

Many thanks for watch and comment as always, cheers mates :D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

looking good so far.

i play world of tanks and have worked my way up the German tank destroyer line and the JPanzer IV with the long gun is a nasty tank to come on the wrong end of

Edited by SA80A2AR
  • Thanks 1

will do.  i tend to target the medium and heavy tanks rear end (tends to annoy them a bit if they keep getting shell in there bum where they dont know where it is coming from) 

• Like 1

UPDATE 02:

Hi Pals, there is the progress of the week. I added some pieces, among them the exhaust pipe of another Italeri kit that I no longer have, as a souvenir ... lol, and continued with the PEs, that besides using the ones that the kit brings, I have reviewed the set of Eduard that I bought, to see which pieces are worth adding, because the mold does not include them, or they are really better. The rest, for the spare parts box ...

Use the metal cannon that includes the kit, with one of the muzzle brake that we can choose.

With all the work that has taken me to align the two parts of the hull, and the problems I had with the tracks, I realized that one of them is in the opposite direction, but I'm going to leave it like that (I wonder if in the actually there were models that had them like that), because I'm a little disappointed with the kit. I hope your indulgence ... lol.

IxAKVMb.jpg

FOeDZIk.jpg

3kXbJDC.jpg

CAbG7dA.jpg

WCKI8qc.jpg

When I went to join the top of the hull, I realized that the sides are not "open" enough, so that it is aligned with the outer end of the mudguards, so there is a line of them that do not It is covered. I have reviewed photos of other finished kits, and in all this does not happen.

That's why I had to eliminate the remaining part of each side.:rage:

F2AyVxm.jpg

Another problem has been the front part of the hull, as the union of the upper / front part of the structure leaves a more than visible gap with the front piece that includes the two hatches close to the front mudguards.:rage:again...

ynxIsCa.jpg

iW4MW3J.jpg

L7MsX9G.jpg

oHfI0t6.jpg

qqewEHv.jpg

ZPAN4P2.jpg

N4Vc7Vp.jpg

eYQx5X4.jpg

6rvmJmV.jpg

Q2SHlw7.jpg

N0jQFxA.jpg

P004auI.jpg

lCQfYoI.jpg

I finished adding a layer of Mr. Surfacer to texturize the kit, maybe I have exceeded in some parts, but this kit, I will serve to test techniques and products, so the test / error method is in ON mode .. lol, and add welding line of PEs, somewhere.

7bxATio.jpg

I already have the base to continue "experimenting". I hope to have something else to show next week.

As always, thanks for watch and comment, cheers pals. :D.

• Like 5

On 04/08/2018 at 11:49, Sairou said:

Good job taming this dog of a kit, I'll be interested to see how you paint and weather it.

Many thanks for your interest. You say very well, it's exactly what I feel with this kit, it looks like a rough horse, that has not stopped giving me surprises ...:deadhorse:
I will try to make a tritone camo of big spots, with a dirtier weathering in the part below.

Cheers Sairou :D

• Like 1

Wow. I had hoped the quality of the kit was better. Seems Italeri kits are really not worth building. 

For your texturised,  you might want to try Mr Surfacer 1000. In my opinion the results for rolled steel are more to scale.

Edited by Soeren
  • Thanks 1

progress.  epic.  how are you going to weather it?

if you do any mud on it there is a way you can do very convincing way to do it.  mud weathering powder, plaster, fine soil, and water then use a lollipop stick to aply it.  don't feel you have to do it though, its your model

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Soeren said:

Wow. I had hoped the quality of the kit was better. Seems Italeri kits are really not worth building. 

For your texturised,  you might want to try Mr Surfacer 1000. In my opinion the results for rolled steal are more to scale.

I also thought (from the photos and comments in the box), that it was a decent kit at least, but although it has IMHO positive points, like a lot of pieces to choose from, and others that are not used and will be used for the spare parts box, the main thing, such as the union of the superstructure, which is quite a waste, and the tracks, which are no longer the vinyl that brought the Italeri kits, totally rudimentary, I think they could have managed them in a finer way, because It was very difficult for them to stay together.

Italeri, does not always have these "elements", there are kits, although without reaching Takom, Meng, Trumpeter, and maybe Dragon, they are quite decent, and with a little extra work they can be very successful, adding a low price.

I think the old kits (for example the M47 Patton) were better than now, although you have to keep in mind that ítaleri, plays a lot with the "reboxes" of other brands, so the "confusion / surprise" is served ...

Thanks for the note of Mr.Surfacer, I will keep it in mind to get a jar, now, I think with a little sandpaper I can improve it.

Cheers Soeren :D

On 06/08/2018 at 16:13, SA80A2AR said:

progress.  epic.  how are you going to weather it?

if you do any mud on it there is a way you can do very convincing way to do it.  mud weathering powder, plaster, fine soil, and water then use a lollipop stick to aply it.  don't feel you have to do it though, its your model

Many thanks for your kind words and interest again. Well yes, I plan to "powder" it, but not too much, personally I like mud and dry dust more, than wet, which I think on the other hand, is more difficult to make credible.
Thanks for the advice, it is written down. Cheers mate :thumbsup2:

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Looking sharp Francis, your making a fantastic job of this kit. 

Many thanks for your like and kind words, at least I'm trying, because this kit is giving me more problems than I thought, we are supposed to model to have a pleasant experience, even if it involves small challenges, but this is exceeding my patience and ability.
Still, I'm willing to finish it.:deadhorse:

Cheers Ozzy :thumbsup2:

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Many thanks for your like and kind words, at least I'm trying, because this kit is giving me more problems than I thought, we are supposed to model to have a pleasant experience, even if it involves small challenges, but this is exceeding my patience and ability.
Still, I'm willing to finish it.:deadhorse:

Cheers Ozzy :thumbsup2:

That's the spirit Francis.👍

• Thanks 1

UPDATE 03:

Hi Pals, a new weekly progress. Today we see that it already has the first coat, this time I have decided to try a factory red, I do not know if it will later serve me to chipping, but there it is.

I continued with the primary color Dunkelgelb, which will undoubtedly change tone later, to continue with the tritone camo. The colors that it shows do not finish to converce me, but I have to think that later they will change sure, darker or clear, according to the weathering.

I have tried to apply a wash with oils, hence the photos in which it seems wet.

Once dried, some clear weathering and decals set, with some drips of streaking grime.

Also, a touch of black on the treads of the kit, and a dimmed color, which makes me like the tone it is taking more.

It occurred to me to try a little extra treatment for the exhaust pipe, with pigments, so that it is "well" rusted. It seems that it has not been bad at the moment.

Soon more ... and as always, thanks for watch and comment. :D

rsZK1Fv.jpg

X5moLhi.jpg

kk1Pg1E.jpg

nGJ84ok.jpg

BPLkBkO.jpg

rTTKAfG.jpg

VUoywzK.jpg

UKeruZi.jpg

ajKmT7k.jpg

FcfkU2P.jpg

pPcJ5dV.jpg