New Airfix 1/72nd Wellington Mk.Ia, 75 (New Zealand) Sqn, 1940.

Beautiful job, Tony, just absolutely beautiful! I had been considering getting it for "the stash"; it is now a definite kit to get. I second what Navy Bird said. I look forward to the future marks!

Joe

• Like 1

Tony, I have followed your work on BM for a few years now and I never cease to be in awe of the quality of finish that you manage to achieve with a simple paint brush. No matter what model you produce, it is always finished to the highest standards, but you have raised the bar with the Wellington. It is absolutely stunning. 

• Like 3

Very nice indeed Tony. I wasn't organised enough to follow the WIP, but I've had a look now. The internals are extraordinary, and the whole thing looks great when finished. Top brush-work as usual.

Justin

• Like 1

Superb Tony, well done. My Revell Wellington is currently on the shelf of doom. Four-part turret assemblies have temporarily defeated me. Please tell me Airfix have improved this.

• Like 1

It's so nice to know that after all these years of putting up with either old kits or having to modify certain others a nice new and accurate early Wellington is now easily available. This now joins the same manufacturers Whitley so we all hope what's the next early war twin engined bomber that should follow. 

Once again Tony you have built a beautiful example of a new tooled kit. This does more for sales than anything else I know and even though I was always going to get one, after seeing this finish I'll probably get one a lot sooner. Judging by most comments above, I just hope that Airfix have produced enough for the strong demand that has been generated. 

Thanks for posting these superb photos of your great build. 

Cheers. Dave. 

• Like 2

Thanks for your very kind comments everybody,..... I`m so glad that you like it and hope that those of you who buy one enjoy yours as much as I enjoyed this one! A massive thanks to Airfx too for releasing another model of a British classic aircraft.  This one will be sitting alongside an Airfix Whitley in the same early scheme, remembering the bomber crews who served throughout the Battle of Britain, attacking enemy airfields, Channel ports and other targets.

Cheers

Tony

• Like 7