Dassault Super Mystère B.2 1:72 AZ Model Greenham Common 1977

Hello Britmodellers,

after a break (för mödellingör thö Viggen) now my latest Roll out for ModellFan Magazine. Was a Brit show stopper then in 1977...

Cheers,

Tom

SMYST_0613SMYST_0609SMYST_0591SMYST_0597SMYST_0619

• Like 34

• replicant changed the title to Dassault Super Mystère B.2 1:72 AZ Model Greenham Common 1977

Guten Abend Sniffing Tom!

A gorgeous build (as usual!) of a gorgeous plane, but as you know, colors and tastes can vary quite a lot!

I have just pulled my magazines of old (Air Fan, Air Action, etc.) where this plane is portrayed: this was then fresh news!!! I so clearly remember all these years ago, how crass that scheme looked! Not the most glorious achievement of our Armee de l'Air.

The SMB2 is possibly one of the top three best lookers among the planes that flew with French roundels, and this tiger scheme removes any grace and punch the plane has!!!

You see, you are giving me the perfect excuse to vent (gently) four decades of disappointment and frustration!!! Danke sehr!

Now, if you really want to get on my nerves, there is this Mirage IIIC painted pink (...) you could build! It is right there in my pantheon, next to the Super Mystere!

Cheers and congrats for a beautifully executed tastelessly made up beauty!

JR

• Haha 1

Great model of a great looking jet.  Well done.

Crass ?  I remember this and the Canadian Tiger Stripe Starfighter at Greenham in 77, probably the two highlights of my early spotting years.  I loved them !!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jean said:

Guten Abend Sniffing Tom!

A gorgeous build (as usual!) of a gorgeous plane, but as you know, colors and tastes can vary quite a lot!

I have just pulled my magazines of old (Air Fan, Air Action, etc.) where this plane is portrayed: this was then fresh news!!! I so clearly remember all these years ago, how crass that scheme looked! Not the most glorious achievement of our Armee de l'Air.

The SMB2 is possibly one of the top three best lookers among the planes that flew with French roundels, and this tiger scheme removes any grace and punch the plane has!!!

You see, you are giving me the perfect excuse to vent (gently) four decades of disappointment and frustration!!! Danke sehr!

Now, if you really want to get on my nerves, there is this Mirage IIIC painted pink (...) you could build! It is right there in my pantheon, next to the Super Mystere!

10 hours ago, Unfinished project said:

Superb modelling love the schemes from the good old days when there were no budget restraints and Tiger 🐯 Meet schemes ruled the skies. 👍👍👏👏

11 hours ago, PLC1966 said:

Great model of a great looking jet.  Well done.

Crass ?  I remember this and the Canadian Tiger Stripe Starfighter at Greenham in 77, probably the two highlights of my early spotting years.  I loved them !!

Cheers and congrats for a beautifully executed tastelessly made up beauty!

JR

10 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

A very nice build on another of my favourite aircraft :)

Martin

Hello guys, Thank you all!

Wie sagt Thukydides: Schönheit liegt im Auge des Betrachters.

So, you all are right! And there are nowhere good decals for my favourite NMF, everywhere the golden cheat line is missing!

But i promise, Jean, please forgive my Tiger-Obsession: i have never and i will never make a pink jet, albeit i love a lot a movie with a pink submarine!

Cheers

Tom

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

I had all but forgotten about "Operation Pettycoat"!!! That is indeed a fun movie! Thanks for the memory. 

Have you checked the Model Art decals for the SMB2? They are normally pretty spot on as far as French aircraft are concerned (and British ones as well, for that matter!).

I am relieved to know that pink Mirages are not in your repertoire.

Cheers.

JR

• Like 1

Thank you guys!

It is made with old but good Modeldecal No 46 GC 1977: F-4F, Harrier etc........ and one PJ Productions Pilot, rest of detailing is from scratch....

Cheers,

Tom

Thank you guys,

that you like it as much as me!

That makes me happy!  :)

@exdraken: Ingen Störviggen, Jaktviggen in 72, but this is a stölth prögram äntil öktober   :locked: 

hejda!

Tom

On 23/07/2018 at 17:19, exdraken said:

a Störviggen mödel? ;)