Would people really pay that for a Wingnuts Jasta 5 set?

Beardie

On 8/28/2018 at 1:54 PM, Beardie said:

@spaddad Now you are asking, I have a memory something around goldfish standard. I think it was around £160 a set which was a very good price considering that, if I recall correctly, I had previously bought a copy of the original kit of the Albatros (the one with Fritz Rumey's machine on the artwork) for something like £140.

£160 (pre-order price) including free postage and 2 Uschi Van Der Rosten wooden effect Decal sheets old bean (your memory clearly isn't as bad as you thought)! Retail price (non Pre-order) was around £175.

I kept one for myself to have a go at one day.

Duncan B

• Haha 1

checked what actually sold on ebay... now i'm seriously thinking of listing a set at a chancer's price. highest price i saw  was around GBP 380. i could get 3 Richthofen Albatri to replace it (i only intend to build 3 Jasta 5 ships) and pocked a nice chunk of change, which could contribute nicely to rockin' up my girl's ring finger... 

On 8/27/2018 at 3:48 PM, Beardie said:

In my minds eye I can see a big long diorama with hangars and them all lined up just like in the photo's. If Wingnuts do something similar with say a 56 Squadron trio I could then see the Albatri diorama mounted, like a shelf, along one will with an opposing 'shelf' on the opposite wall with a dio of SE5a's or Camels or etc. etc. lined up on their airfield. 😁

Do I take it then that you either have (1) a very large man-cave (2) a very tolerant and understanding wife or (3) both?! 😁😁

Well I have a very understanding wife but, sadly I don't have a very large man-cave but I live in hope that,, someday, before I lose my faculties I will have a house with a space big enough to accomodate such a display......... A man can dream 😁

• Like 1