Churchill VII

This is my latest diversion from the Kittyhawk Voodoo jeering at me from the shelf of doom. It is, as the title says, the new Tamiya Churchill VII, I have no idea of its accuracy but it is a lovely kit to build,

IMGP6906

Apart from a bit of stowage and some plastic card enhancements it is straight from the box, but I used it as a test piece for my new Aldi compressor and airbrush, both of which worked well.

IMGP6904

IMGP6905

I haven't finished a suitable figure yet so I put one of my rep. company of chaps to give a bit of scale to the model. I still have to add the aerials.

Thanks for looking.

• Like 14

Gotta love the Churchill.

Now, a few questions.... I am assuming that's the 1/35th kit? I am not familiar with Tamiya's 1/48th range so I may be wrong. Whichever, you've done a grand job.

Also, if that IS the 1/35th kit, I do not recall the white stars being supplied when I made mine. Did I miss them or are they your 'add-ons'?

Finally can we please have some aerial shots (from above, not just close-ups of the aerials) and also one right up the jacksie?

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Badder said:

. I am assuming that's the 1/35th kit? I am not familiar with Tamiya's 1/48th range so I may be wrong. Whichever, you've done a grand job.

Hi

It does say 1/48th in the "tags" , which has caught me out before!

It's a new tool kit, the 1/48th Tamiya range is noted for being simple and easy to build.

Annoyingly they missed the opportunity to tool it up for earlier versions, and also all boxing's will have the crocodile parts.

but the range is pretty good now... I just need to build some of the stash i have of them now!

For more on 1/48 armour,  check the Track48 forum

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/track48/track-48-discussion-group-f433829/

Lovely job @Silver Fox 

Fortunately makes my Aurora kit nearly obsolete, that was a Mk.III though.

Cheers

T

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Badder, as Troy said, it the recent 1/48th scale kit, not the 1/35th one. the figure is what looks like a scaled down, version of the 1/35 chap but found in the 1/48th British infantry set.

IMGP6909

Back end as requested

IMGP6910

Top down.

• Like 2

This build got me looking at Track48, and this link to a site on Churchill tanks was posted by @SleeperService over there

http://www.armourinfocus.co.uk/a22/index.htm

And thought maybe worth posting here.

There used to be a Churchill Crocodile at Newhaven fort... Must find out if it's still there, didn't spot it on a quick look at the preserved tanks listed.

Hope of use

Cheers

T

• Like 1

There used to be a Churchill near me at the site of the tank  factory in the north of Sheffield. The  story goes that one night  some scrappers stole it!! Not sure if this is true but it has disappeared.

It was actually sold by the Council or Price Waterhouse Coopers to a Neil Montgomery and headed down to London 'near Fulham FC' for restoration. It belonged to Newton Chambers who had gifted it to the people of Sheffield, which is a bit worrying for anybody interested in anything remotely valuable.

It may be THIS GUY ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really nice. 

I wish more of us would have a go at the 1/48 armour kits they are so lovely to build.

Dick

• Like 2

Lovely job,..... like you, when aeroplanes are becoming a drag I find a tank a nice diversion,........ a little bit of something different does you good. 

Cheers

Tony