NEW Modern British Vehicles from Meng and HobbyBoss

Kingsman

Meng have just announced a Husky TSV (Light).  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1794624983984151&id=195290177250981

HobbyBoss have just announced a Jackal SRV, both a 1 and a 2, and a Coyote TSV (Medium).

https://m.facebook.com/TrumpeterModel/photos/a.220979711393963.1073741904.103526326472636/1034568256701767/?type=3&source=48

Long-awaited by many of us who can't afford the cash and stress of the Accurate Armour resin Jackal and Coyote.  And of course you can have them in green now (although often still with sand interiors!).

Personally, I love the look of the Husky.  There is a recovery variant, but that's about it.   No-one else uses it: there are other protected versions of the baseline Navistar MXT platform, but Husky is very different and unique.

Having both Jackal 1 and 2 covers Iraq and Afghanistan.  An SF MENACITY would be nice, but as the Jackal 1 was derived from it a backdate shouldn't be too stretching.  There is a little-known SF version of the Coyote capable of carrying motor cycles or an ATV in the back. But I probably shouldn't have mentioned that ...............  Some surplus HMT600 chassis/cabs (essentially, Coyote) are being converted into light recovery vehicles, although these will look very different with full cabs and an almost box-van appearance from the side.

Stand by for incoming stowage sets from Black Dog, Legend and possibly Panzer Art.  Resin wheels from any number of candidates.  Potentially Accurate Armour might release correction/upgrade sets for the Jackal and Coyote, I suppose, as they did with the WMIK.  Live Resin do a gorgeous H&K GMG with UK mount.  They are also the only people who do the current QCB version of the M2 HMG and they have some very nice L7 GPMGs.  Also, crew personal weapons in the shape of all 4 versions of the SA80 (IW, LSW, UGL, carbine), the Combat Shotgun (Benelli M4) and LMG, plus add-on sets with the right sights, downgrips, laser pointers, spare magazines etc.  Accurate Armour do the Sharpshooter rifle, but their SA80s are not as good as Live's and still have the plastic handguards and SUSAT sights (which are OK for Iraq).

The 2 Australian versions of the Coyote could perhaps (hopefully!) be later releases.  Australian subjects are popular.  I bet 6x6 Perentie LRPV or a G-Wagen SRVs would go down a storm ......... (sigh!).

Whatever happened to the Bronco Suzuki ATV with Logic trailer announced years ago???  Nothing: that's what.  And will Takom please release the BVs10 Viking and unarmoured BV206 ..................

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Das Abteilung said:

I bet 6x6 Perentie LRPV or a G-Wagen SRVs would go down a storm ......... (sigh!).

Yup. I've long been a fan of British & Commonwealth SF vehicles, have LR Pink Panther kit in stock, it'd be nice to have more, that Meng Husky has NEED writ large upon it. :)

Steve.

Indeed I do.  "Downgrip" is common terminology but they are more formally called fore grips.  The type used on the Individual Weapon has an integral retractable bipod and is vertical.  Some are angled though, but none officially issued in the UK.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Indeed I do.  "Downgrip" is common terminology but they are more formally called fore grips.  The type used on the Individual Weapon has an integral retractable bipod and is vertical.  Some are angled though, but none officially issued in the UK.

Thanks. Never heard the term before, must be a UK thing. :)

23 hours ago, ivan-o said:

Very welcome news indeed 👍

Please Takom now do a Chieftain AVRE and  Bridgelayer !!

Funnily enough, over the last couple of days I've been corresponding by e-mail with Takom over a replacement decal for my Chieftain Mk.11 kit, and having reached a satisfactory conclusion (US$1 for the decal + US$8 for postage), I took the opportunity to suggest that a Chieftain ARRV was a logical follow on. 

I'll happily take the credit if it ever happens 😉

• Like 1

The Takom BV206 is a type not used by the UK, sadly.  We have the very widely used softskin BV206 from which the protected version kitted by Takom was developed.  Same chassis, essentially, so perhaps not a stretch to expect the soft-skin version.  28 countries use the BV206 family, including the US.  The BVs10 Viking is a different, larger vehicle as the protected 206 didn't meet the UK spec - and is also now used by 4 other nations.

Of course a Warthog would be nice too, but that precise version is UK-specific and the baseline Bronco is only used by Singapore and Thailand.  And then for lovers of this class of vehicle you have the somewhat larger Sisu Nasu, also used by 4 countries.  And let's not get started on the Russian ATV's, especially those mounting the TOR anti-aircraft missile system.  OK - lets!  Who doesn't like massive ATVs in snow camo? (Are you listening, Zvezda??)

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine the existing Cougar kits being released as Mastiff, Ridgeback and Wolfhound versions.  In fact I'm very surprised that it hasn't been done already, especially by some of the after-market guys - although an affordable injection kit has to be preferable to expensive resin.

A Foxhound would be nice, although again it's currently UK-specific.  But in terms of the Afghan conflict that's hardly a minority interest.

And yes, more Chieftain versions would be nice now that Takom have the hull tooling.  I can see why they did the Marksman-that-never-was as it was a simple sprue mix.  But recovery and bridgelayer variants would be nice.  And why not the AVRE?  What about a Jordanian Khalid?  And if AFV Club are listening, how about the Centurion versions .............  I know that IDF sells, but how many more Sho't variants do we need?  HobbyBoss and TMD now have partial Centurion tooling too from their IDF APCs.

This is turning into something of a drool list isn't it? (he says, mopping up the drool puddle on the breakfast bar before yet anther house viewing...........)

3 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

The Takom BV206 is a type not used by the UK, sadly.  We have the very widely used softskin BV206 from which the protected version kitted by Takom was developed.  Same chassis, essentially, so perhaps not a stretch to expect the soft-skin version.  28 countries use the BV206 family, including the US.  The BVs10 Viking is a different, larger vehicle as the protected 206 didn't meet the UK spec - and is also now used by 4 other nations.

Of course a Warthog would be nice too, but that precise version is UK-specific and the baseline Bronco is only used by Singapore and Thailand.  And then for lovers of this class of vehicle you have the somewhat larger Sisu Nasu, also used by 4 countries.  And let's not get started on the Russian ATV's, especially those mounting the TOR anti-aircraft missile system.  OK - lets!  Who doesn't like massive ATVs in snow camo? (Are you listening, Zvezda??)

It wouldn't be too much of a stretch to imagine the existing Cougar kits being released as Mastiff, Ridgeback and Wolfhound versions.  In fact I'm very surprised that it hasn't been done already, especially by some of the after-market guys - although an affordable injection kit has to be preferable to expensive resin.

A Foxhound would be nice, although again it's currently UK-specific.  But in terms of the Afghan conflict that's hardly a minority interest.

And yes, more Chieftain versions would be nice now that Takom have the hull tooling.  I can see why they did the Marksman-that-never-was as it was a simple sprue mix.  But recovery and bridgelayer variants would be nice.  And why not the AVRE?  What about a Jordanian Khalid?  And if AFV Club are listening, how about the Centurion versions .............  I know that IDF sells, but how many more Sho't variants do we need?  HobbyBoss and TMD now have partial Centurion tooling too from their IDF APCs.

This is turning into something of a drool list isn't it? (he says, mopping up the drool puddle on the breakfast bar before yet anther house viewing...........)

As you say Takom already have the tooling  for chieftain variants. After all both the AVRE and bridgelayer are basically gun tanks with the turret removed and the extras bolted on! The ARV is a bit different in as much as the hull is different.

Anybody know how we can get our message across?

You can message Takom direct through their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/TAKOM-354803674728188/

When I contacted them about the missing decal sheet, I had a very quick and ultimately good response, just remember to make allowances for the time difference from where you are to China.

Ask them to set up an on line vote ??  If you want to know what people want, ask them.  Don't decide for them.

Yes, I realise that the ARV requires extensive new tooling for the vehicle structure.  The only carry-over parts might be the lower hull tub, suspension and skirts.  But even that is a significant tooling saving.

4 hours ago, Das Abteilung said:

Ask them to set up an on line vote ??  If you want to know what people want, ask them.  Don't decide for them.

Yes, I realise that the ARV requires extensive new tooling for the vehicle structure.  The only carry-over parts might be the lower hull tub, suspension and skirts.  But even that is a significant tooling saving.

They've already done something similar to create the Chieftain Mk.2, it's a different upper hull and turret moulding to the Mk.5, 10 & 11 kits. You never know, they might go for it.