V 2 rocket being transported diorama.

Hi,when I got into military modelling three or four years ago started with a few rail related dioramas this is one of them.

This model is 1 72 scale .

A V2 rocket being unloaded from a railwagon on to its road transport , I used four kits to build it but as i wanted a fries crane ( no model kits in 1 72 scale)  i scratch built one from plastic girders and rods ,also scratch built wagons.

I have a few others if interested.

DSCN6255

DSCN6251DSCN6252DSCN6253DSCN6250DSCN6248DSCN6247DSCN6244DSCN6243DSCN6242DSCN6239DSCN6238DSCN6237DSCN6236DSCN6234DSCN6231DSCN6229DSCN6228DSCN6227

• Like 42
  • Thanks 2

Now that is something to be proud of...……...something for everyone...…….figure; Railway; aero; landscape modelling; plus scratchbuilding and imagination...……...its just a shame you didn't post a few more...…………...please post as many as you like, I cannot imagine getting bored looking at any of them

• Like 1

Wow, as far as I'm concerned that's as good as it gets. I love it and could stare for hours. 

I love the kind of background secondary items in dioramas, like who's bike is it, what's in the shed etc.  Also the train engine looks absolutely fantastic. 

Congratulations on such a brilliant build, all the best, Martin 

• Like 1

It doesn't get any better than that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All round brilliant from the landscape, the figures, the scratch build, not forgetting the paint which represent so many aspects of the diorama.

Ian

• Like 1

What a great build this is. I am honestly hard pressed to pick a favourite element. The old saying the total is greater than the sum of the parts is demonstrably proved here!

I would love to be able to see this build in the flesh, perhaps you'll bring it along to a show near to us both, in Worcestershire?

Thornbury, or Wombourne, or ... Telford?

• Like 1

Seeing that has made my week.  Only looked on the small screen and will revisit it on the large screen tomorrow.

Must see if one of the figures is nervously looking skywards.

Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

Each one of your dio's that I've seen, are absolutely superb. The setting, weathering are all first class. Can I make just one small observation though. The granite chippings between the sleepers are a bit too clean, as though they've just been laid. They're crying out for a dirty wash.

John.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Action, detail, rust and grubbiness. Oh, and WW2 as well.

What's not to like?

And yes, more if you want to show them please.

Thanks for all comments ,

I have a B P armoured train built from a terrible kit, the dio is three feet long.

a Karl morser being unloaded from its rail transporter including loco trucks etc again over three feet long 

a panzertriebwagen n r 16 with two t 34 turrets on flatcars .

I need to sort out photos then will get them posted.

p s there are a few others no photos taken  yet. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Each one of your dio's that I've seen, are absolutely superb. The setting, weathering are all first class. Can I make just one small observation though. The granite chippings between the sleepers are a bit too clean, as though they've just been laid. They're crying out for a dirty wash.

John.

Thanks John ,you are right about the chippings as they are the to be dirtied up I tend to forget them.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whofan said:

What a great build this is. I am honestly hard pressed to pick a favourite element. The old saying the total is greater than the sum of the parts is demonstrably proved here!

I would love to be able to see this build in the flesh, perhaps you'll bring it along to a show near to us both, in Worcestershire?

Thornbury, or Wombourne, or ... Telford?

Thanks ,Let me know when they are on and how to get there and I will see how I am fixed.

Sooooper dooper, as always. The loco is exceptional, and the whole is stunning. I've said it before and John has picked up on it as well, yes, your railway ballast is always too clean! It's a quick and easy fix and it will make so much difference.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Badder said:

Sooooper dooper, as always. The loco is exceptional, and the whole is stunning. I've said it before and John has picked up on it as well, yes, your railway ballast is always too clean! It's a quick and easy fix and it will make so much difference.

Rearguards,

Badder

O K ,O K, I will do it tonight ,don't keep on!!!.😆.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, bazer said:

Thanks ,Let me know when they are on and how to get there and I will see how I am fixed.

Thornbury is August 5th, link here;

http://www.ipmsavon.org.uk/shows.php

Wombourne is September 2nd, link here;

https://ipmsuk.org/calendar/asvc-wombourne-show-2018/

And Telford is Scale Model World, 10th 11th November, link here;

https://ipmsuk.org/ipms-scale-modelworld/