1/72 Hawker Hunter conversion question

murfv

Hi Folks,

I am looking for some assistance from the BM membership at large in identifying a set of resin parts that I found in an old Airfix 1/72 Hunter FGA9 kit that I rediscovered recently while doing some random stash diving/sorting. I can’t remember where I picked the kit and conversion set up but probably from a member on the forum.

The parts are in a cast in resin and consist of two replacement wings(w/o dogtooth), a smaller bore jet pipe and what I take to be a fuselage insert plug(about 3mm in 1/72)

43484593891_8f8391aa25.jpg

I suspect the parts are for a pre Hunter F.6 (possibly a F.4 or F.5?) but I am hoping someone can confirm the producer of the conversion set, which version it so for and if anyone knows of any instructions for the set?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers

Vincent

That looks like the Airkit resin conversion for the F.4 - made by Paul Lucas many years ago. There were instructions which showed you where to cut for the fuselage extension and jetpipe but I don't have them, sorry.

• Like 1

They look like the set that SAM issued back in 2002, to convert the Airfix hunter to the earlier marks.  the build articles are in Vol 23 issue 12, feb 2002.

My filing system must work as I have found my copy.

Let me know if you want a scan of the article.

Edited by 1903flight

Thank you gents for the prompt and very informative reply's, I was right to ask here on the on the forum.  

1903flight, 

a scan copy of the SAM article would be very welcome indeed, I will PM my email if you don't mind.

David Womby,

Yes please, a copy of the set instruction for the fuselage cuts would be great, I will also pm my email also if you don't mind.

Thanks again gents

Vincent

• Like 1

I just realized the only instructions I have (and sent) are for the FGA9 and they don't include where to cut for the tailpipe.  Sorry about that.

David

The SAM Article includes a diagram for the fuselage cuts, plus other modifications if doing an F2 or F5 - different engine fitted.

I have sent a scan of the article over to murfv.

James

Thank you gents for your help in identifying the conversion set to start with and with the copies of the instructions and the magazine articles, they will a great help when I get around to building the kit.:D:thumbsup:

Cheers

Vincent