F-8E Crusader Academy 1/72 (12521)

F-8E Crusader - Academy - 1/72 - (12521)

OOB build with some small corrections. Vallejo acrylics. Great kit by Academy (original mold from 2004) of a great plane. Very good cartograf decals included in the box. Highly recommended. Hope you like the final look!

f0BNgwY.jpg

eJunlXd.jpg

tVoXqvF.jpg

0rINR2W.jpg

bjjVy7U.jpg

eFYCyBh.jpg

BTZx2os.jpg

esUxbo3.jpg

8oVkZ7m.jpg

jGusD9v.jpg

FO3dz4D.jpg

PZwZUPI.jpg

lfZJ19D.jpg

1rzPstf.jpg

V5bn9ae.jpg

wSuanwL.jpg

qLXP6er.jpg

rZLkpWK.jpg

1fIRBiq.jpg

Edited by blaza
  • Like 47
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Julien said:

A well built model, however when the wing is up like that you have to drop the slats & flaps as they deploy automatically.

Julien

As noted above, this is OOB build with small corrections. Flaps and slats are not among those. :)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, blaza said:

As noted above, this is OOB build with small corrections. Flaps and slats are not among those. :)

Yes I did note it was OOB and Academy show you can raise the wing in the kit. However on the real aircraft the wing raise and the flaps/slats lowering were interlinked so in nearly all cases you see them dropped when the wing is up.

Julien

1 hour ago, Julien said:

Yes I did note it was OOB and Academy show you can raise the wing in the kit. However on the real aircraft the wing raise and the flaps/slats lowering were interlinked so in nearly all cases you see them dropped when the wing is up.

Julien

Julien,

Let be more precise, your comment is spot on, you are correct, I was trying to say that changing flaps would no longer make it OOB (as I understand the term). I decided to present it with raised wing and keep flaps as they are anyway. I'm new to modelling (just over one year), still practicing and experimenting and I still don't feel I'm ready for "serious" custom modifications. :) 

• Like 1

Fab looking Gunfighter. I have recently finished 2 of these and can only echo your opinion of how great the kit is.  It just falls together and is a joy to build.

Lovely work.

Phil

What a beauty - guess a 1/72 F-8 Crusader was one of the first models I have ever built - wish that my todays builds would just look as have as good as yours.

Cheers,

Michael