This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Artie

Northrop N-3PB, 1/48 scale resin kit.

Posted (edited)

Good evening :

Now our most challenging project so far, the Supermarine Scimitar, is due to be delivered in a few days, we're proud to announce another long term project wich will se the light in about two months.

I'm talking about one of the most beautiful floatplanes ever made, the Northrop N-3PB, in 1/48 scale. We hope you'll like it. We are starting the preliminary parts design. We've scheduled a two months deadline, so it will be ready for delivery by early september, hopefully.

Best regards.....

s-l500.jpg

Edited by Artie

A poorly colourized photo.

42571229955_89f9ea2d72_b.jpg

Chris

Sorry that this is so blurred, I took it from a youtube footage.

It proves how wrong color interpreters can be, the codes are clearly black not red ...

3NuzTuv.png

1 hour ago, dragonlanceHR said:

LOL. I finally get my hands on the vac kit and now you announce the resin one?

Hurry up, you've got about two months to finish it...!!!!!!😂

Seriously talking, I 've spent some years trying to get one of those vacuforms, and giving the prices they used to reach (If you ever found one), we decided to scratchbuild one.....

Bestregards...

Artie im jealous ... I agree about it being a beautiful plane. Wish i could afford one of these. Your killing me first the Scimitar now this. I really need to win the lottery. 

Dennis

AAARRGGGHHHHH...been waiting for an affordable 1/48 kit of this aircraft for YEARS and, naturally, when it gets announced I'm absolutely stoney broke!  This is gut-wrenching!!!!

Ok...I'm done with the pity-party.  I sincerely hope this is a success.  The N-3PB is such a beautiful aircraft.  Maybe I'll be lucky and scrounge together enough shekels to get in at the cheaper price.  Time to take up a second job, methinks!

6 hours ago, Artie said:

Seriously talking, I 've spent some years trying to get one of those vacuforms,

There is a useful Vac and resin kits Facebook group. Prices vary, but there are some very good offers.

Hi, Hub.......What about the Narval...????? Did it arrive safe and sound..??? Do you like it..??? If there's any problem with the kit, just tell me....If you need any other part wich may result damaged, don't hesitate to ask...

Best regards, and thank you very much for your support and trust.

Narval arrived fine! Working up an inbox review to post here(in the Narval thread since I can't find how to post one in the Review thread) still waiting on the English instructions or the Spanish instructions in a Word document to use translation software on. Very pleased with what I have seen in the box. Won't be an especially easy build due to the twin booms and such but the high quality casting will certainly help!

Just remember to check the drawings of the pedestals between floats and wing against photos, they have been made too short in some of the earlier kits, possibly because they were based on drawings showing an earlier version than what was actually built - they needed more room under the fuselage for torpedoes and other weapons.

We've got a set of drawings from an old IPMS Norway vacuform kit, and some other scale plans wich seem OK. Unfortunately, that vacuformed kit was built long ago, and sadly passed away during a move, so can't check those drawings against a real model. Maybe purchasing the Special Hobby 1/72 kit woul be a good idea, just to get the measures.

Not much info about that plane, in fact....

Posted (edited)

Arturo,

what measurements do you need? My kit is the later Aviators release.

Vedran

Edited by dragonlanceHR
Typo

There is a restored N-3PB in Flysamlingen at Oslo Airport: https://www.flysam.no/utstillingen/flyene/northrop-n-3pb/

It is probably a better reference than kits and not too difficult to access.

There is a booklet by Cato Guhnfeldt on the N-3PB that was released at the time of the restoration which I consider the best documentation on the aircraft.

Guhnfeldt, Cato. Sagaen om de norske Northrop-flyene på Island (in Norwegian). Oslo: Sem&Stenersen, 1981. ISBN 978-82-7046-025-0.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_N-3PB

I can put together a package on an FTP server on the N-3PB when I get released from hospital, in best case a few weeks from now.