Fujimi Ford GT40 No.2 1966 Le Mans Winner

Built box stock, not much in the way of detail, steering at the front and just a transmission at the back and a metal rod axle joining the two wheels together. But a good PE sheet and good decals are included.

photo-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

photo2-th.jpg

• Like 19

Great to see the 1966 winner, and a nice build. But what is it with the manufacturers? Missing decals on the Trumpeter and now the Fujimi - do they just copy each other?

What's missing?

The Mclaren racing shield at the front of the side windows

The "NZ" and silver fern on the offside front wing

The  silver stripes that continue over the rear spoiler

Not hard to do, it's on all the contemporary photos.  And BTW, the car ran Goodyears for most of the race.... (not a crit on the build but on the accuracy of the model). WHY can't they get it right????

• Like 1

Thanks guys. JoNz, it's a Ford, the chassis and body made and built by Lola in Huntingdon UK, so why McLaren logo's? The stripes do extend down the back over the spoiler although unseen in the photo.

photo1-th.jpg

And from official Ford Archives, the car ran Firestone to begin with and changed to Goodyears half way through...

photo-th.jpg

Edited by PatW
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, PatW said:

And from official Ford Archives, the car ran Firestone to begin with and changed to Goodyears half way through...

That used to happen a lot. I suppose it was down to different sponsorship rules or maybe different tyre makes being better.

4 hours ago, PatW said:

Thanks guys. JoNz, it's a Ford, the chassis and body made and built by Lola in Huntingdon UK, so why McLaren logo's? The stripes do extend down the back over the spoiler although unseen in the photo.

Good news with the stripes. I made the no.1 (blue) car from the Trumpeter kit. Apart from the kit not having enough striping, the aftermarket decals repeated the mistake...

The McLaren racing badges were added by Bruce McLaren, who was driving.

The silver fern and NZ symbol was difficult to see - there aren't many pictures of the offside of the car and brake dust covered them up.  I've circled them in the picture below - only just visible!

NZ badge

The Firestones were quietly changed for Goodyears early in the race because the Firestones were chunking. I think McLaren had a Goodyear contract...

Thanks guys. Thanks cjhmfor the photo of the car from Goodwood at the weekend. Too far and too expensive for us to go to, but watched it on telly.