1/72 Mach 2 BLOHM und VOSS BV142 long-range reconnaissance aircraft 1940

An inspirational build if ever I've seen one Adey, makes my efforts with a High Planes Beaufighter seem a bit trivial, will have a look to see what Mach 2 have to offer and try one sometime.

:goodjob:

Davey.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ray S said:

That was a fabulous read Adey, you have done a cracking job with this one.

I am off shortly to look at some Mach2 kits and see if anything takes my fancy. Having done loads of vacforms, I could do with building one without the sanding out!

This model is a far cry from what we produced in Alderton!

Looking forward to your next epic!

Ray

Thank you Ray, as you say a far cry from our efforts in Alderton all those years ago............... they were our pioneering years I suppose.

I would love to see a Mach 2 from your workbench, here are some ideas for inspiration .....................

resized_006f3be6-fd10-477e-9441-06d11cbb

You mention my next epic Ray, well you just might recognise what is on my workbench right now ..........................

resized_c291fd23-8f5a-4f13-beac-f06ceac9

best wishes my friend

adey

• Like 2

1 hour ago, adey m said:

Thank you Ray, as you say a far cry from our efforts in Alderton all those years ago............... they were our pioneering years I suppose.

You mention my next epic Ray, well you just might recognise what is on my workbench right now ..........................

resized_c291fd23-8f5a-4f13-beac-f06ceac9

best wishes my friend

adey

Ah-ha! nice one. Looks like the MikroMir 1/144 jobbie!  Hannants are set to produce a transfer sheet for it, see here:

I am waiting for that, and I will get another Beverley and try and do it better next time!

As for the Mach2 kits you displayed, the Falcon 20 takes my fancy. Maybe one day...

Cheers,

Ray

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sadly not CC, but if you want a good fight, :boxing:  you'll need the FM kit and prepare for wax!

3 on the go... 

I know, I know, I'm mad !!

CC

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Ray S said:

Ah-ha! nice one. Looks like the MikroMir 1/144 jobbie!  Hannants are set to produce a transfer sheet for it, see here:

I am waiting for that, and I will get another Beverley and try and do it better next time!

As for the Mach2 kits you displayed, the Falcon 20 takes my fancy. Maybe one day...

Cheers,

Ray

Another Beverley ! maybe we could form an Operational Conversion Unit ............

The Falcon 20 is a good choice there Ray. I fancy the Heinkel He114.

regards,  adey

• Like 1

On 31/07/2018 at 10:30, general melchett said:

Great result Adey, you've certainly got to admire Didier for his eclectic subject matter. A good friend of mine is doing an amazing job on the RB-57F and enjoying every minute of it. I've also got an Argosy on the go, which is a lot of fun, and will feature in a future magazine article (more to prove to the doubters that they can really be built than anything else).

Now come on CC...pay attention man!

This bit was a lot of fun I seem to remember ..........

resized_34879b0d-8d20-45ce-a98b-cd4f6804

I would recommend installing the main undercarriage after you have joined the booms to the wings instead of before as the instructions tell you.

resized_fc9313b4-a21b-4948-80cf-7666692c

But stick with it because the end result is definately worth it .

regards,  adey

• Like 5

Great job Adey, I saw this when you first posted it, superb result!

I would recommend installing the main undercarriage after you have joined the booms to the wings instead of before as the instructions tell you.

Thanks for the hint, must admit I tend to use the destructions as a very 'rough guide' on these, plenty of dry fitting, forward planning and scratch work seems to do the trick and see us over the top.

I look forward to seeing what, (if anything) Didier has planned for the future, would really like to see a Belfast, Sahara or Beverly...who knows.

Edited by general melchett
  • Like 3

Ah, the beauteous Sahara! You seem to have the same exquisite taste in aeroplanes that I have, General (Heaven help us both). Lovely job on the Blohm und Voss, Adey (and the Argosy and Atlantic)!

Regards,

Jason

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I would love a Hawker Siddeley 748 and Andover. The HS 748 would be a great choice for Didier because of the great variety of operators that used them, a Skyways one would look nice on my apron ...............

regards,  adey

• Like 1

True Adey, seems a natural choice... the S&M resins are nice but expensive. 

As for other wants, I could only hope for a 1/72nd Latecoere 631, Hermes II or IV or SARO Princess, but hey, anything's possible these days, (the Contrail vac 631 builds up into a nice kit but hard to find and some very silly prices). I was hoping that Amodel might have followed up the Brabazon with a Princess but sadly not (so far), so Didier, if you're listening!

• Like 1

I was doing a research for Late 302 and bought this book

content?id=JmzQmgEACAAJ&printsec=frontco

Damn, there is a whole world of weirdly shaped planes that were not ever covered in no scale. Aerovac rarities do not cover 20% of the fleet!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hmm,not so bad.One note  - quality of the kit very different from regular kit. "Normal" Mach2 kit condition there http://scalemodels.ru/modules/forum/viewtopic_t_81285.html.Russian language(you can use Google translator),but many foto with real condition. . 

Edited by snipalex