Ready for inspection is my 1:72 Airfix Dornier Do17z. The kit was a joy to build, no flash, nice attention to detail, pretty good decals and 2 colour schemes. I really enjoyed the challenge of airbrushing the splinter pattern on this aircraft, it's the second one I have attempted and they look really effective once finished. I have painted the canopy by hand, deciding it was easier than painstakingly masking up all the clear sections, and I'm happy with the result. Just hope I've done the aircraft justice. 

IMG_20180716_200351

IMG_20180716_200400

IMG_20180716_200410

IMG_20180716_200422IMG_20180716_200426IMG_20180716_200433IMG_20180716_200446IMG_20180716_200506

• Like 44

IIRC, the Do-17, Do-215, and Do-217 had ailerons that drooped slightly when the flaps were extended, soooo if Shelliecool can drop the flaps, she's good to go! Easier, though, as you have said, would be to deflect one aileron up and the other down.

Mike

Just now noticed Michelle is a she, not a he, so have corrected my post comments! That popping noise you hear is me pulling my big foot out of my mouth- sorry, Michelle!

Mike

Edited by 72modeler
corrected error in text
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Nicely done. It looks as though you have both ailerons in a down position. They should be opposite each other. One up and one down.

Chris

Thank you, yes you are quite right both ailerons are down...... however I only realised this once the build was painted so I've opted to leave it and not damage the paint, not historically accurate but looking pretty (I will take more notice next time.).

Thanks Michelle.

Edited by Shelliecool
  • Like 1

Great job Michelle,canopy look's great too  I hate masking up so always use the same method.

Edited by stevej60
  • Thanks 1

Hi Michelle,

excellent result on your Dornier. Great paint job, etc. 

Impressive comes to mind!

Re the ailerons, they have been disconnected for maintenance, and are hence both in the drooped position! Now you'd better tell the crew to re-do their pre-flight before they attempt taking off!!! 

No wonder they lost the war...

Great show

JR

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Michelle,

Very good Dornier ! Don't you worry you make her justice !

Nice hand painting on the transparencies, I used that way sometimes !

So what's next on your production line ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Michelle,

Very good Dornier ! Don't you worry you make her justice !

Nice hand painting on the transparencies, I used that way sometimes !

So what's next on your production line ??

Sincerely.

CC

Thank you! I'm starting work on an Airfix English Electric Lightening, something a little different to my recent WWII builds.

Thanks again,

Michelle.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shelliecool said:

Thank you! I'm starting work on an Airfix English Electric Lightening, something a little different to my recent WWII builds.

Thanks again,

Michelle.

Frightning !! Good idea, I just finished mine 2 weeks ago !

Count me on for that build !

Sincerely.

CC

• Thanks 1

That scrubbed up well. Some of the tolerances in the cockpit can be a bit snug but not insurmountable. BZ on the canopy painting. The canopy is a good one to mask with prominent framing although  may seem daunting at first and it fits perfectly.

• Like 2

Very impressive build. I also like the splinter camouflage, but the first time I did it using an airbrush I was surprised at how complicated it was masking up. Yours looks superb. :clap:

• Thanks 1

Lovely job Michelle.

The only "advice" I would give us to get some PPP filler to eliminate the join line between canopy and fuselage. It's great for that as it's water soluble so you can wipe it off with a cotton bud.

Looking forward to the Lightning!

Ian

• Thanks 1