This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

st george

Oh look, a Tempest

At least it is going to give the same stirr in communities as the Airfix new kits announcements!!

Cheers, Jan

1 hour ago, janneman36 said:

At least it is going to give the same stirr in communities as the Airfix new kits announcements!!

Cheers, Jan

On the delusion scale it's about on a par with Airfix announcing a 1/24 Vulcan: you just know it ain't gonna happen.  But it'll grab a few silly season headlines.

Oh ye of little faith! Have you all forgotten that wonderful mock up of the future freight transport propped up with hop poles? Its in service now.

:coat:

Keith.

2 hours ago, keefr22 said:

Realistic mode OFF!

There, corrected that for you Allan...!! :)

Keith

Thank you!:lol:

Allan

29 minutes ago, Britman said:

Oh ye of little faith! Have you all forgotten that wonderful mock up of the future freight transport propped up with hop poles? Its in service now.

That bottomless money-pit?  Perhaps the project went wrong when they took away the hop poles.

53 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

That bottomless money-pit?  Perhaps the project went wrong when they took away the hop poles.

Not keen then? I think it true of just about anything we aspire to put into service , especially in these modern times. As an aside , and in the spirit of dragging out old names for this new hardware , I thought Belfast II a better tital than Atlas. Whoops! Fingers moving faster than brain, our EU friends wouldn't know what we were referring to! 

Keith.

On Saturday, July 21, 2018 at 10:46 AM, junglierating said:

Whats a hop pole???🤔

Its's a Kentish thing, hops, beer and all that. 

Keith.

Hello, Sgt.Squarehead

Forgive my ignorance (and a week late question) but I thought Tridents have British warheads. The old Thor missiles, stationed in East Anglia, had US warheads which had been armed by dual keys system but it has been fifty-five years since those had been SOC. Cheers

Jure

I think it's tasty 

On 7/25/2018 at 6:23 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

oh..Boeing would like some money, no? 

Guess Britain is searching the opposite... someone with money....!

I'm reviving this old thread as there's some news from my part of the world: the Italian Minister for Defence has approved the official participation of Italy in the Tempest program. Italian industries had been involved from the start (Leonardo was mentioned in the original MoD statement) and these had pressured the government from the beginning. The Air Force seem to have also been very interested from the start and now there's official confirmation of the participation. The current Minister may not be there anymore in the next few days as a new government is expected to take charge in the next week or so, but the deal is not going to change as she is part of one of the parties that will form the new government... and really these decisions generally are rarely affected by government changes here, as they are seen as strategic for the Country and the industry

On 7/21/2018 at 11:36 AM, Britman said:

Not keen then? I think it true of just about anything we aspire to put into service , especially in these modern times. As an aside , and in the spirit of dragging out old names for this new hardware , I thought Belfast II a better tital than Atlas. Whoops! Fingers moving faster than brain, our EU friends wouldn't know what we were referring to! 

Keith.

Perhaps we could have called it the Backstop.

On 9/4/2019 at 2:30 PM, Giorgio N said:

I'm reviving this old thread as there's some news from my part of the world: the Italian Minister for Defence has approved the official participation of Italy in the Tempest program. Italian industries had been involved from the start (Leonardo was mentioned in the original MoD statement) and these had pressured the government from the beginning. The Air Force seem to have also been very interested from the start and now there's official confirmation of the participation. The current Minister may not be there anymore in the next few days as a new government is expected to take charge in the next week or so, but the deal is not going to change as she is part of one of the parties that will form the new government... and really these decisions generally are rarely affected by government changes here, as they are seen as strategic for the Country and the industry

You are bang on Giorgio......although there is still a fair bit of Leonardo that is British...that said I'm 25% owned by the Italian government 🤣🤭🤭🤭