Bf110E in 1/32 scale (Dragon)

It's been a while since I posted any completed builds, such is my glacially slow rate of progress, but this is one I finished just yesterday.  It's Dragon's 1/32 Bf110E Nachtjager (great kit, rubbish instructions!) build OOB though I made masks for the codes and insignia on my Silhouette cutter.  G9+LN was flown in 1941 by Heinz Schnaufer with his Bordfunker Fritz Rumpelhardt, the beginning of a long and fruitful partnership for them.  Hope you like it! 

Pk5TC3.jpg

G3tA8F.jpg

ZcUqUI.jpg

YKX7c4.jpg

ODxbsM.jpg

ZYpCv0.jpg

COt0zZ.jpg

YssScE.jpg

Next up is a Bf110G4 in the same scale.

• Like 46

Very nicely turned out, top notch. 

I’ve never done a Dragon aircraft kit but can confirm that the instructions on their armour kits are just as vague. 

Pete 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 72modeler said:

C'mon- you're pulling my leg, right? You photographed a preserved 110! What an outstanding build and finish- the photography ain't too shabby, either!

Mike

I wish Mike! I'd travel a long way to see a 110 in this condition! Thank you for your comments.

• 2 weeks later...

Well built and finished Max ,and well posed .I`ve just built the Aims G4 conversion ,`wish I knew how to post the damn pics .

Don .

Once again chaps, I really appreciate your kind comments. The pictures are a result of three of my hobbies; modelling (especially Luftwaffe WW2 aircraft), aviation research, and photography. There's a small postscript to this build actually. A Belgian friend wrote a wonderful biography of Heinz Schnaufer a few years ago and he gave me a small book written by Schnaufer's Bordfunker Fritz Rumpelhardt.

This Bf110 was on the cover of Fritz's book.

T29VUa.jpg

Then, shortly after I'd finished the model I found purely by chance an American artist named Ron Cole who had done a profile drawing of G9+LN

zezy3A.jpg

AND crucially added a fragment of the real aircraft, it had been salvaged in 2006,

0HbSBI.jpg
w1eim4.jpg

so of course I had to buy it! Some things are meant to be. (It's a pity Cole got the fuselage cross slightly wrong but never mind!)  I'll be attempting to clean all that epoxy off, it originally held it onto the glass but I also wanted to see the back....real RLM02!! :)

• Like 1