Argentina´s Sikorsky S-61

Hi all,

I will try to convert this old kit into the only S-61 operated by Fuerza Aerea Argentina.

41640914010_8e8208da81_b.jpg

And this are my notes concerning required modifications and measures.

41640910110_fac0a01ddc_b.jpg

Not being a WIP guy, I will try to post advances in the measure of my possibilities. What I try to achieve is this:

28561909957_1a4637398b_b.jpg42544000905_36112d1d2e_c.jpg

All credits to whom it may correspond.

• Like 4

Alejandro, you may have your work cut out with this very old Revell kit. It is not the best start! So I wish you luck with your build andI will enjoy watching your build.

Colin a helicopter fan

Thank you Colin. In fact this is the Lindberg kit. I can't  easily distinguish it from the Revell one.

I bought it a few weeks ago at Madrid's flea market and the previous owner had already started it (removed the access door and opened the top of the engine).

For my part, I sanded totally and rescribed panel lines according to the profile I found. I must reduce windows´size, enlarge the first port side one, make a new door and a very long etcetera.

Alejandro.

Hi Alejandro.

When I saw "S61" I had to have a look.

Thought it might be one of these...

800px-S-61N_G-BCEB_IOS_02

They used to fly to the Scilly isles at the VERY south west tip of Cornwall UK.

I lived very close and flew a few times for work in Scillies.

I see yours is a different type, but good luck with the build and conversation work.

I had aLindberg kit once and it was terrible, I didn't build it, so I hope this one is a LOT better 👍

Hi Rob,

in my case I am building the S-61R. You are most interested in the S-61 N. I am also  interested in that one because was also used  here, but demands  a lot of work, may be using two Sea Kings and some scratch build. Next time, may be. In the mean time...

29582193628_ea691d0499_b.jpg

http://www.gacetaeronautica.com/gaceta/wp-101/?p=20396

This is the link to a publication about the helicopter I am trying to build with many photos in the 3 schemes it wore. It is in Spanish, but the images  are my main source  of inspiration.

Cheers.

Edited by Alejandro Martinez Colombres
Mispelling