goose

I've found a couple of articles that have renderings of the proposed Tempest. The wing's definitely got a different shape to the YF-23's and I reckon that the air intakes/engine layout probably shares more in common with the F-35 and F-22:

https://ukdefencejournal.org.uk/uk-unveils-new-next-generation-fighter-jet-called-tempest/

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/farnborough-tempest-concept-underscores-uk-fighter-450327/

It's already obsolete, over budget, subject to manufacturer/nationality/political infighting, scrapped at the last minute etc.. etc. Sound familiar; or am I being cynical? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Britman said:

Talking of the BBC and the future of aviation did anyone see the Farnborough / RIAT / and Flying Legends programmes? 

Keith. 

Was there a programme on any of the above??

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

I used to like the "Airshow" programs that the beeb did back in the 80s. I think there are a few of them on Youtube.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul J said:

Oh yes! I imagine it every year..... Raymond Baxter and William Woollard would turn in their graves at the lack of contemporary aviation on mainstream television. If I were to say what I really felt I might offend someone and would have to wash my mouth with SOAP.

Coat in hand , Keith.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Britman said:

Talking of the BBC and the future of aviation did anyone see the Farnborough

I watched the shortened episode of Click over the weekend which was from there and it was interesting,the full episode is on iPlayer so i'll watch it when i can....

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Britman said:

Talking of the BBC and the future of aviation did anyone see the Farnborough / RIAT / and Flying Legends programmes? 

Keith. 

That's right.  All of the other channels that showed nothing at all of the aviation did nothing wrong.  Only the BBC was at fault.

11 hours ago, pigsty said:

That's right.  All of the other channels that showed nothing at all of the aviation did nothing wrong.  Only the BBC was at fault.

You miss understand me it would seem. They are all as bad ar as each other, but given the BBC is publicly funded and is generally understood to provide informative and educational programming I feel agreeved. Assuming that airshows are still second to football , the most popular spectator gatherings I hope one understands ones frustration. It would be all the same if I were unable to attend these shows as so many can't.

Keith.

S

• Like 1

Obviously no free slots in their schedule, after repeating Deadenders and Crap in the Attic. To think we used to get reports from Farnborough and RIAT regularly in the past. The commercial channels never catered for it, perhaps the advertisers didn't think it was worth the investment, as it's a 'minority' event in their dull minds.

• Like 2

On 7/24/2018 at 10:18 AM, Britman said:

Raymond Baxter and William Woollard would turn in their graves

Well Raymond Baxter might but I believe Mr Woollard is still in the land of the living.

The last time I saw a TV programme about Farnborough I got the impression it was made by a CND card carrying tree hugger. Everyone at the show was a baby murderer and full time destroyer of the planet. Needless to say I wouldn't watch that again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2018 at 08:49, Britman said:

You miss understand me it would seem. They are all as bad ar as each other, but given the BBC is publicly funded and is generally understood to provide informative and educational programming I feel agreeved. Assuming that airshows are still second to football , the most popular spectator gatherings I hope one understands ones frustration. It would be all the same if I were unable to attend these shows as so many can't.

Keith.

S

The BBC can never win. If they put on too populist programmes - they are criticised.

If they put on "narrow interest" programmes - they are criticised.

I too lament the fact that mainstream aviation is no longer covered on mainstream TV - but these days - does it matter? The internet has basically replaced TV for those of us who want more focussed programming.

• Like 1