1/72 - North American P-51 Mustang Mk.I by Brengun - released - new Mk.1a boxing

Homebee

This is interesting. Is there someone that actually has come up with an correct Mk.I with an wing that isn't from an P-51D something... ?

Loose flaps, a nice pilot seat and  a clear part that fits (compared to the Revell P-51B/C)? Still we can't se the wheelbays yet (compared to Airfix P-51D). Looks like one part is missing but attatchment points to small parts looks not bad.

Can we at last look at something that is up to date with the old Monogram kit in shape when it comes to early Mustang variants in 1/72? Is there a P-51B/C waiting in the future?

/André

Edited by Andre B

The old Monogram kit didn't look like an Allison-engined Mustang either.  It looked like a P-51B, and so does this one. The fuselage is too deep, and the wing root leading edge droop missing.  Sadly Brengun have not addressed the faults in their earlier A-36 tooling.

Both the Academy and Frog kits did at least look like Allison-engined Mustangs, whatever their more detail flaws.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...

New F-6B boxing in view ?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/oxygino3dart/photos/a.205098073155516/734881890177129/?type=3&theater

Box art ?

The F-6A is sometimes referred as P-51 or P-51-1 but in fact the F-6A were Mustangs MK I (destined to RAF) retrofited to receive cameras for low-level reconnaissance (info extracted from "Allison-Engined P-51 Mustang" by Martyn Chorlton)..
A little correction here - This aircraft (nº36053) was a F-6B with 2 guns per wing - see the corrected image on the comments!

37161235.jpg

V.P.