Masts for the RMS Titanic and Olympic. 1:350

Shar2

Masts for the RMS Titanic and Olympic

1:350 Master Models

pack.jpg

Master models continue to build up their range of 1:350 scale accessory sets. They are well up to the standard we’ve come to expect from Master Models, but be aware, these items are very sharp, and once fitted to the model could catch someone’s face/eyes if there look too closely. 

[350-100] This set is designed for the Titanic and Olympic, doesn’t matter which manufacturer they are from. It consists of the foremast and main mast, gooseneck fittings for the foremast derrick, jackstaff and ensign staff. There is also a small etched sheet which contains a new crows nest and navigation light holder, for the foremast. You will need to add some reinforcement under the deck for the masts to sit in but this shouldn’t be a problem for most modellers. Once rigged, and the instructions show clearly how the masts are rigged, they will look much better than the plastic items in the kit which are quite oversized.

masts.jpg

spars.jpg

Conclusion

This is a nice easy way to give your big liners that little bit of finesse that makes a nice model look great. The masts are much more to scale than plastic can ever be moulded. With the addition of the other parts it will give that quality look to you r finished model.

Review sample courtesy of Piotr at logo.gif

• Like 3

I have been using Master Models aircraft aftermarket, such as their refuelling probes & pitot tubes, and find that they enhance my models considerably.  This venture into ships masts should be welcomed by the maritime fraternity.  I have the Revell RMS Titanic and the kit masts certainly need improving so I shall be ordering this set.  Thanks for the heads up Dave.

Mike