"It's The Bishop!"

I always think of Monty Python's "It's the Bishop!" skits where this particular AFV is concerned.

file.php?id=9232&t=1

This is the old Esci/Italeri Bishop 1/72 scale kit (based on their Valentine tank kit), along with the limber and some figures I stole from my Esci/Italeri 25 Pounder & Quad kit. It proved to be an enjoyable 10-day build, and represents a Royal Devon Yeomanry vehicle in Sicily, 1943.

I did a lot of scratch-building, including the interior, fighting compartment doors, driver's hatches, tow-hitch, tarpaulins, stowage boxes, roof hatch, limber draw-bar details etc. I also added wire handles, rivets, and opened up the sighting aperture. I used OKB Grigorov resin tracks. Aside from the figure with the binoculars, all the others have been hacked and/or mixed and matched to get the poses I wanted. I replaced the ends of the tack-guards with scratch-built examples from brass sheet so I could mangle and dent them, likewise the exhaust guard on the left-side of the fighting compartment. I Dremeled out the insides of the Limber's mudguards for added realism and gave them a good denting as well. My build log can be found over on Missing Lynx's Braille Scale forum...

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/missinglynx/it-s-the-bishop-t315713.html

file.php?id=9233

file.php?id=9234

file.php?id=9235&t=1

file.php?id=9236&t=1

file.php?id=9237

file.php?id=9238

file.php?id=9239

file.php?id=9240

file.php?id=9241

• Like 18

Where did you get the very large knife blade on the first picture? ;)

Good you put it there because otherwise I would be sure it is 1/35. You must be a real artist.

Edited by Duckwizard
correction
  • Like 1

Another cracking braile scale model Mark, again on a base that sets it off beautifully! Just had a read of your build thread and really like the interior detailing you've done on it too!

Great job again!

Keith

Thanks Ozzy,

I put all my vehicles on what I call a "tank-biscuit" made from cork tile. It's quick, cheap, and as you say, it looks like it's been ripped out of the ground. Here are some more:

file.php?id=7587&t=1

file.php?id=7370&t=1

file.php?id=8193&t=1

file.php?id=6547&t=1  

• Like 2