Rubicon Models 1/56th scale CMP Truck

WiP thread here : https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235040217-rubicon-models-cmp-15cwt-truck/&tab=comments#comment-3085515

CMP23

CMP24

CMP25

CMP26

CMP27

CMP29

I removed the moulded-on windscreen wipers and thinned down the edges of the mudguards and mud flaps.

I added windscreens cut down from a spare in the Airfix Bedford MWD 1/48th scale kit.

I added mirrors from Microrod and Evergreen strip.

I replaced the roundel on the roof as the kit item was a bit out of register. Not that you can see it...

The only real construction problem I encountered was getting the driver to fit in his seat. His elbows are too wide and collide with the inside of the cab door. My man is glued to the seat back and “hovering”!

If I was going to build another I would thin down the cab walls a bit, cut away and replace the moulded in drive shafts, add an exhaust pipe and replace the handrail on the roof with something finer.

The model is painted to represent a Canadian vehicle in Italy in 1943. Markings, apart from the roundel, are from the kit sheet and applied with Humbrol DecalFix.

Paints are Humbrol enamel throughout. The base colour is SCC2, mixed from Humbrol 98 Chocolate and 29 Dark Earth in a more or less 5:4 ratio.

The tilt is the SCC2 mix with about 25% 72 Khaki Drill added.

The Light Mud disruptor is 72 Khaki Drill.

Tyres are 67 Tank Grey.

Visibility markers on the front bumper are 34 Matt White.

The model is weathered overall with a good helping of Humbrol 0208 Dust enamel wash. The areas around the fuel fillers are 0209 Gloss Oil Stain enamel wash.

That’s about it. Thanks for looking.

• Like 4