Spitfire MK1a

G'day all,
This the latest off the bench, my quick down and dirty Tamiya Spitfire Mk1a OOB, brush painted with Humbrol and Tamiya enamel paints. Another one to hang from the ceiling.

Cheers,
Devo 

TcRhtQ.jpg

G9JBHX.jpg

WKlNpb.jpg

IYY43S.jpg

M11znG.jpg

• Like 18

Great looking Spit.....  Brush painted the traditional way, I like it.   Have you a technique for hanging your models?  I was considering adding very fine fishing line at the point when I assemble the fuselage, and add a little weight to the fuselage as well..   

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Hairtrigger said:

Great looking Spit.....  Brush painted the traditional way, I like it.   Have you a technique for hanging your models?  I was considering adding very fine fishing line at the point when I assemble the fuselage, and add a little weight to the fuselage as well..   

Thanks Hairtrigger!

No special hanging technique, I just use one piece of fine fishing line  which is tied in a loop around the front and rear of the model. I then hang it from a small hook screwed into the ceiling adding an extra turn where the line is on the hook, which gives enough friction to keep the aircraft in place(if ya get what I mean?🤔) I posted an Spitfire S31 not long ago hanging from the ceiling, hace alook and you will what I do.

Cheers,

Devo

7 hours ago, IanC said:

Great stuff. When I first looked on my phone i thought that first photo was an old colour photo of the real thing!

Thanks Ian,

I was mucking around with effects on the puter and jagged that look in the first pic. I thought it looked like a pic out of a circa 1972 Aeroplane Monthly:D

15 hours ago, IanC said:

Great stuff. When I first looked on my phone i thought that first photo was an old colour photo of the real thing!

Same thing here. That's how a Spitfire should look.

• Thanks 1