Comanche RAH-66 (Tamiya)

Hi,

This has taken ages and has been really fiddly - bits keep dropping off! I'm pleased with the result although the finish could be better

IMAG0143

IMAG0144

IMAG0145

IMAG0148

IMAG0155

IMAG0159

Edited by IanJohnB
To get photos to display!
  • Like 16

Don't see that bird too often anymore these days. My old man was a project manager during its formidable heydays in the mid-90's at the Pentagon. My only critique would be that it wasn't an OD green color as this is depicted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tomthounaojam said:

I am also looking forward to making this kit, in my bucket list how is the kit heard it is reboxed of Italeri kit?  How much you rate the kit overall, thank you

I found the kit well made. The open flaps are really tricky to stick and get lined up. Also missiles are a bit fiddly. Overall though I would recommend the kit feels good and solid 😃

• 3 weeks later...

I know exactly what you mean about bits falling off, or flying across the room while you sit holding an empty pair of tweezers. I am also completely familiar with the taking ages part when so many people on BM pump out models faster than my dog can cover the carpet with white fur. But it really doesn't matter how long it takes or how much of that time is spent on hands and knees looking for fallen pieces. This is a great job, I have no idea what the colour was supposed to be but again it doesn't matter you've made a great looking model there.

Excellent work Ian, well done.

• Thanks 1