1/72 - Scottish Aviation Twin Pioneer by Valom - released - new S&M decals - new boxing

Homebee

6 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

That is supposed to be ex-Magna, possibly with all that entails. However, not sure if Combat is used to cleaning up and improving molds as part of their reissue. Anyone with more experience with Combat know for sure? 

Hi Kevin

I haven't seen the Magna version of this, but I have the Combat kit and I've a few other Magna kits.

It looks to me like it's based on Magna masters, but with much improved casting of the resin and white metal, no sign of air bubbles or flash, looks like quality pressure moulding. Canopy is clear cast resin, decals are Fantasy Printshop, serials, codes and roundels for the two schemes illustrated above.

Dave Little of Combat Models purchased the masters off of Martin( Magna Models) about two years back. He released the two 1/48th Firebrands and the 1/72 Twin Pin at last years Nats. Only limited numbers. Colin of Freighdog liaises with David, they share table at the Nats. If Fantasy are doing the decals that will be an improvement over the previous efforts which I believed were done by AIMS, although the Single Pin decals were never a problem and I do like the Malaysian option(Original Magna issue).

Edited by chris57
Correction

3 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Hi Kevin

I haven't seen the Magna version of this, but I have the Combat kit and I've a few other Magna kits.

It looks to me like it's based on Magna masters, but with much improved casting of the resin and white metal, no sign of air bubbles or flash, looks like quality pressure moulding. Canopy is clear cast resin, decals are Fantasy Printshop, serials, codes and roundels for the two schemes illustrated above.

I like the sound of this, especially the clear cast resin transparencys.  The only major problem I've had with Magna kits have been the vacform canopies which have been pigs to get to fit correctly.  My poor Albacore has been in a state of semi-built stasis for ages because of this,  Otherwise it's quite a nice kit.

17 hours ago, Dave Swindell said:

Hi Kevin

Just the info I was looking for. Thanks. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/10/2019 at 8:20 AM, Homebee said:

Nice! Anyone know which set of seats would be most appropriate for the ETPS/Air Atlantique one please?

10 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

It would nice to see some civilian liveries too. As it was more widely operated than most give it credit for, particularly in SE Asia.

I would support this too. Always good to at least have some civil options in the box rather than wait on aftermarket. 

• 2 weeks later...

Looks great

pls bring the Malaysian boxing out soon....lots of people are waiting for it

and yes 1/48 will be very much welcomed tooo....

rgds n best wishes

On 6/3/2019 at 6:47 AM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

It would nice to see some civilian liveries too. As it was more widely operated than most give it credit for, particularly in SE Asia.

414230001.jpg

414230000.jpg

Tommo.

I certainty didn't know Swissair used it.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...