Sopwith Camel F.1 (Academy 1:32)

Absolutely superb Nigel! That really is a beautiful Camel! And your woodwork effects are definitely some of the best I have seen! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Excellent Camel :clap2:

Thank you!! The hassle that was experienced seems worthwhile now :smile:

18 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely superb Nigel! That really is a beautiful Camel! And your woodwork effects are definitely some of the best I have seen! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you, Stix! Very kind of you :blush:

I have to admit to being particularly pleased with the wood effect :happy: I came up lucky but will stick to the same process the next time wood is called for and hope it turns out OK again!

• Like 1

Looks fantastic, what did you use for the rigging?  I like your solution to the bracing across the front of the cabanes.  I have a 1/72 Roden  Camel on the go and have been pondering how to tackle that part of the rigging.

AW

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Andwil said:

Looks fantastic, what did you use for the rigging?  I like your solution to the bracing across the front of the cabanes.  I have a 1/72 Roden  Camel on the go and have been pondering how to tackle that part of the rigging.

AW

Thanks AW :smile: The rigging came with the kit and I can only describe it as a very fine string. Good luck with the Roden Camel; not sure I'd fancy rigging a 1:72 :tmi: Make sure you put up a build thread! 🍿

9 hours ago, CliffB said:

What a beautiful result :goodjob:

Thank you - Much appreciated :happy:

• 1 month later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:04 PM, the South African said:

Stunning I too have one of those looking nay growling to be finished will see what happens with the current build first though.

Regards:

Shaun

You're very kind, Shaun. Thank you! :happy:

• Like 1