Sopwith Camel F.1 (Academy 1:32)

Thank you gents. Looking forward to this as it will be my first plastic bipe. I built a few 1:6 scale when I was into RC but I somehow think this will be a bigger challenge!! 

• Like 2

Absolutely agree with Cliff that a Camel is an aircraft which needs to be part of this GB. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

UqkcSK.jpg

F9SGPn.jpgemdGNa.jpg

Just to be mean hehehe l am showing the one l did. l sanded down the ribs as they were too bold and then masked the in between and gave it a few coats of Mr Surfacer 500 to replicate the rib tapes. l used Eduard vintage instruments for the panel, Barracuda resin camel seat and HGW seat belts. The rest is scratch built.

Hacker  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Absolutely agree with Cliff that a Camel is an aircraft which needs to be part of this GB. Looking forward to seeing your progress. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix - Will be great to have you along for the build :smile:

4 hours ago, hacker said:

UqkcSK.jpg

F9SGPn.jpgemdGNa.jpg

Just to be mean hehehe l am showing the one l did. l sanded down the ribs as they were too bold and then masked the in between and gave it a few coats of Mr Surfacer 500 to replicate the rib tapes. l used Eduard vintage instruments for the panel, Barracuda resin camel seat and HGW seat belts. The rest is scratch built.

Hacker  

Thanks for the photos, there's some fine work involved there. Mine will be OOB so unfortunately not up to your standards :blush:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2018 at 1:06 PM, Basilisk said:

You are more adventurous than me, choosing a plane with rigging :clap2:

Cheers, Peter

Many thanks, Peter.  I just hope things turn out OK! :unsure:

On 8/4/2018 at 7:36 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Have you managed to get any work done on this yet?

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, All good thanks! Funny you should ask that question as whilst I’ve not started it, I have been considering it over the weekend. I tend only to ever have one model on the bench at any one time but I have thought about building this in parallel to the P47 and Lightning. Decisions, decisions :think:

• Like 2

Hi Nigel. I sometimes have a couple of kits on the go at the same time - sometimes I think it's a good thing - other times it becomes a bit of a pain. All depends on the models. Up until recently I have been trying to concentrate on just one at a time. In theory I have three on the go at the moment although I'm concentrating on only one at the moment.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

First things first - ejector pin marks - there are loads of them! :angry:

I'm only filling what will be seen but they are annoying to say the least; especially as this will be an OOB build. That said, it's for my Nephew's ceiling so shouldn't be an issue once hanging. Anyone building one of these for a shelf may want to consider an aftermarket seat.

43161474175_3df6d880f9_k.jpg

43161473965_cb32920e41_k.jpg

• Like 2

Very impressive progress Nigel and I don't know why you are concerned about your wood effect paintwork - it looks excellent from my side of the internet! 

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Very impressive progress Nigel and I don't know why you are concerned about your wood effect paintwork - it looks excellent from my side of the internet! 

Kind regards,

Stix

You are, as always, very kind, Stix. You'll have to let me know who supplies your Broadband :laugh:

• Like 1

That wood effect (and the metal areas) look great.  Those vickers barrels do look upside down to me, the end of the barrel should be at the bottom of the cooling jacket.

AW

• Thanks 1