'Egg' P-47 (Hasegawa)

Hi,

The following will be my entry for this GB. I'm planning to start in a couple of weeks once I've completed the 'Carriers' GB and return from holiday :smile:

42675623764_9fb00cacfc_z.jpg

These are my previous P-47 builds so it's quite a contrast!

8e443332-388b-4fb9-8a1c-965708bf61f9_zps

32248009860_5edf11ad53_k.jpg

• Like 6

Hi Nigel. As yet I haven’t built an eggplane. I have made a Meng Toon Sherman, which was fun, so I will be following your build of this P-47 with great interest. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. As yet I haven’t built an eggplane. I have made a Meng Toon Sherman, which was fun, so I will be following your build of this P-47 with great interest. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Nice to have you along, Stix :happy:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've removed ALL the parts in one go. What impresses me is that all the parts have different sized/shaped fixings/inserts so there's no way it can be build the wrong way. Wait, I've just jinxed it!! :whistle:

43681845651_530f653b0f_z.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

With the weather being so pants today, I had quite a productive morning :smile: Needed some filling and rubbing down but it's taking shape!

43665727462_5c58c2c275_k.jpg

(The Tamiya paint pot is just for perspective)

• Like 4

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Good to see you back on this project. It looks to be going together well even if filler is required. I haven't tried making an Egg plane yet. I must have a go at some point.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Good to see you back on this project. It looks to be going together well even if filler is required. I haven't tried making an Egg plane yet. I must have a go at some point.

Kind regards,

Stix 

Thanks Stix,

I'm going to have to stop building my kits under a magnifying lamp. The gaps look so big at the time!! :shocked:

• Like 1

So I laid a coat of paint on last night and set it aside. I picked it up this evening and the paint came off wherever I touched it!!  :slowclap:  Never had that happen before!! :doh:

Never mind, a running tap, an old toothbrush and washing up liquid has taken it back to the bare plastic.

Primer coat to be applied when fully dry. Hopefully that will sort it :fingerscrossed:

• 2 weeks later...

Was hoping to have this completed over the weekend but it's not to be. Need to get a coat of Klear over the decals when the Sol is dry, do the panel lines and finish with a coat of satin.

43092143175_fcd5fe1f87_k.jpg

• Like 3

Cracking looking paint job Nigel. That's really coming on a treat. Wonder what happened with the paint the first time around?

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Cracking looking paint job Nigel. That's really coming on a treat. Wonder what happened with the paint the first time around?

Kind regards,

Stix 

Hi Stix and thank you :smile:

The first coat was very odd. Sections just peeled off like 'leaf' wherever I touched it. I can only assume I hadn't washed it well enough and there was a coating of release agent still on it. Anyhow, whether it was the toothbrush and fairy liquid, the primer or a blend of the both, the paint is now staying put!! :happy:

• Like 1

OK - I'm calling this one complete. It's been a fun entry and I hope you like it.

Thank you to Patrice for organising; great job!! :thanks:

29097995937_23be34cdad_k.jpg

44035387231_62d6dc289a_k.jpg

44035388141_fc813a9b1b_k.jpg

44035388961_73e23d1dfd_k.jpg

44035389211_9b4123e88e_k.jpg

Right - Sopwith next or the Lightning (or both :devil: ) :think:

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Thom216 said:

Great job! The paint looks good.

Many thanks. The paint isn't as clean as I'd like but it was a fun build so I'm not going to beat myself up :smile:

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

That really is impressive Nigel. Your paintwork turned out beautifully in the end! Very well done! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

Thank you Stix. You are too kind! With the paint causing the problem it did, I'm quite pleased (but not totally) with the finish :doh:

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

These look fun little builds, i must get one or two, you've done a cracking job of it nigel

Glynn 

Hi Glynn and thank you  :smile: They are fun and I'd recommend everyone have a bash at one some time or another :happy:

• Like 2