1/48 - Supermarine S.5 by AMP - released

Homebee

3 hours ago, cmatthewbacon said:

So, no decals for the Royal Syldavian Air Force S-5 Inter-Sceptre, then? Shame...

I'll definitely have one of those to sit alongside my Testors and Frog S.6bs. If we really buy a lot, can we get a Gloster VI (and IV) and even a Macchi MC.72?

best,

M.

I have no problem with a Macchi as long as a Savoia-Marchetti S.65 comes first. IIRC there is a 48th MC.72 surely the SMER kit is a worthy model? :D

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to this kit. Plan on building a couple. Also looking forward to the S-4 and S-6 series. As with other Mikro Mir kits, we know that these kits will be very reasonably priced. I already have three on order at ModelsUA.

Edited by Otakar

• 1 month later...

It was scheduled for a September release but I have not seen it yet. I just attempted to contact them on Facebook. I guess I might get an answer next week. They already showed their DH.88 Comet test shots. I will have to get one of those also when it's available.

Edited by Otakar
  • Like 1

That would be nice but I kind of doubt it. There was no mention of it anywhere and I did not see any indications of it on the parts trees. But, once again, it would be nice. The HiPM Ar-196 came with one that was quite nice and detailed. Unfortunately it looks quite a bit different than this cart and is much larger with rubber wheels. My guess would be that there was no information of detail available to them to take the risk on producing one.

Edited by Otakar

I emailed them yesterday and not yet received an answer. These guys are usually pretty good on their release dates.  Unfortunately we all know that the assembly instructions take a while and they can't be done until the production kit is done. I have three on order from ModelsUA https://modelsua.com/ they usually have the best prices and that includes shipping. Once you have placed a few orders with him he increases the discount. My pricing is substantially less than what is listed on his website. If there are Ukrainian or Russian kits you don't see on his site, he will get them for you if you email him. Ivan is very easy to deal with.  I buy ALL of my kits and supplies from him that are from those countries.

• Like 1

I can't wait until their S4 and S6B releases. They are also in the works. I did start an old Testors Hawk S6B but it is in my opinion just too much work to make look good. Months if not years to do so.🤪

• Like 1

I know, you put a lot of heavy duty work into your S6. I might continue on mine also at some point. It will depend on the time it will take them to come out with a new kit.

• Like 1

I just email him through the contact link. I do that for most of my ICM and Zvezda kits which he has not on his sight. When you email him tell him that you got his contact from Otto and he will give you a bit more attention. I on the average place about four orders a year from him over $150 each. All my Ukrainian and Russian kits and supplies I buy, I get from him. That is a lot. 

• Thanks 1

I really like dealing with Ivan. He is so easy to deal with and bends over backwards for you. As you order more from him the price on items goes down. My cost is quite a bit lower than the prices on his site, just because I have been dealing with him for quite a few years now.