Hello from Argentina

Hi all,

My name  is Alejandro, live in Cordoba and I am a modeller of mainly Argentinian  aircrafts in 1/72. Some times other scales and some times other subjects, like German   night fighters.

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/alemartinezc/media/EE373C83-250F-4D6A-990B-0C4F4984DA4E.jpeg.html

Edited by Alejandro Martinez Colombres
To add a Photo.
  • Like 1

Hi Alejandro

Welcome, Despite the site name we have a healthy selection of members from all over the world,

We have at least two other members from Argentina,  @Uncle Uncool, whose been here for years, and @Sturmovik  there maybe more!

Whats the red Argentine jet in the photo link?

EE373C83-250F-4D6A-990B-0C4F4984DA4E.jpe

Some interesting modelling on a quick look

The FMA Nancu looks a lot like a Hornet.  This a project?

Look forward to seeing more from you

Cheers

T

Thank you for the wellcome.

Troy, this is the sole IAe 27 Pulqui I that has been  made in 1947 at Fabrica Militar de Aviones here  in Cordoba designed by Dewoitine. With this plane Argentina entered  the jet age, being the 6th or 7th country in the world to fly a jet. The project was cancelled in favour of IAe 33 Pulqui II, this one designed by Kurt Tank and his team installed  here after the war. 

• Thanks 2

Welcome! I’m originally from Mendoza, living in Canada for the last 4 years. Used to go to the area of Yacanto, El Durazno and the great Champaquí! What a great province Cordoba!

Abrazo grande. 

!Hola! and :welcome: to Britmodeller, it is a great place to be. I am Joe, live in the SE corner of Wisconsin, USA. I liked what I saw on your link; very nicely done. I look forward to your builds, comments, and questions.

Joe

10 hours ago, Sturmovik said:

Pulqui I is storaged and exhibited in Moron´s Aeronautical Museum, I can post some photos if you want.

Ask @Julien as these would be a good addition to the walkround section.

Good that it still exists.

Cheers

Troy

• Like 1

Thank you all again. Lomcevak, it’s been a long time since my last time in Canada . May be one day...

With regard  to the Pulqui I, it is a great  idea to post a Walkaround. I could  contribute with some of my photos. I don’t know if the real plane is today  at Morón Museum, because it was moved with Pulqui II to a permanent exposition and may be there today . I also have in my  production line a resin model of the Pulqui II. A posible future post.

Cheers. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 7/13/2018 at 12:15 PM, Alejandro Martinez Colombres said:

Hi all,

My name  is Alejandro, live in Cordoba and I am a modeller of mainly Argentinian  aircrafts in 1/72. Some times other scales and some times other subjects, like German   night fighters.

http://s139.photobucket.com/user/alemartinezc/media/EE373C83-250F-4D6A-990B-0C4F4984DA4E.jpeg.html

Hola Alejandro!

I didn't see this one until now.

Bienvenido!

¡Hola, Alejandro!

Welcome to the forums. This is my number one place to go to when I want to see what the modelling trends are these days. Britmodeller is teeming with a lot of top-blokes, incredible modellers as well, but you will be getting to know them in no time.

Córdoba, huh? :hmmm:Do you happen to know anything about one Juan Carlos Heredia round there?

Impressive collection of aircraft Oops in your link; the sight of the obliterated AWACS made me :weep:

And those other piccies regarding cargo doors open in the DC-8 and smashed belly on the 747 reminded me what I feel everytime a shipment takes 4+ months to arrive in the country from any place in the world :analintruder:

On 7/13/2018 at 4:15 PM, Alejandro Martinez Colombres said:

German night fighters.

Uh-huh... leafing through the pages of Mercado Libre, any foreign modeller will learn that German night fighters are to the modelling tastes of the Argie blokes like the apple pie & vanilla ice cream to the Yanks, and the beer and fish and chips to the Brits! :rofl2: 

Cheers,

Unc2

24 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

German night fighters are to the modelling tastes of the Argie blokes like the apple pie & vanilla ice cream to the Yanks, and the beer and fish and chips to the Brits!

Uh-uh, not to all of them.

I don't like that kind of stuff a bit.

1 hour ago, Uncle Uncool said:

¡Hola, Alejandro!

Welcome to the forums. This is my number one place to go to when I want to see what the modelling trends are these days. Britmodeller is teeming with a lot of top-blokes, incredible modellers as well, but you will be getting to know them in no time.

Córdoba, huh? :hmmm:Do you happen to know anything about one Juan Carlos Heredia round there?

Impressive collection of aircraft Oops in your link; the sight of the obliterated AWACS made me :weep:

And those other piccies regarding cargo doors open in the DC-8 and smashed belly on the 747 reminded me what I feel everytime a shipment takes 4+ months to arrive in the country from any place in the world :analintruder:

Uh-huh... leafing through the pages of Mercado Libre, any foreign modeller will learn that German night fighters are to the modelling tastes of the Argie blokes like the apple pie & vanilla ice cream to the Yanks, and the beer and fish and chips to the Brits! :rofl2: 

Cheers,

Unc2

Hi Uncle.

Thank you for your wellcome.

Yes, this is also my number one place. 

Regarding JC Heredia, I have no idea. Tried  to buy some Aconcagua kits from him, but never had any concrete answer, so in the end I grave up.

18 hours ago, Moa said:

Uh-uh, not to all of them.

I don't like that kind of stuff a bit.

Oh, that's because sunny Cali ought to have heavily sapped your modelling tastes. :bleh:

17 hours ago, Alejandro Martinez Colombres said:

Regarding JC Heredia, I have no idea. Tried  to buy some Aconcagua kits from him, but never had any concrete answer, so in the end I grave up.

Same here... :hmmm:I gave up sending e-mails to him like four months ago.

Wanted the 1/48 A-4Q resin conversion set for a mate in sweet Aussieland.

7 hours ago, Moa said:

Nope, it's because I utterly despise the freaking nazis, of whom Argentina sadly and shamefully was a welcoming host.

Moa, I never spoke about political sympathies but modelling tastes. You really remind me of this group of silly Argie goons I had to bash up hardly at a modelling meeting because I was proudly showing the Aeroclub 1/48 Vulcan B.2 kit I was able to get. :rolleyes:

Besides, what does the sadly and shameful welcoming of the Nazis as a host by my country has ever got to do with me, I wonder? That happened a loooooooooooooooong way back even my dad was a toddler back then.

Y'see, this train of reasoning is what I find sad and shameful in you. Wise up, bloke. This is just modelling we are talking about here.

No good, bloke; no good. Or wasn't the Junkers kit you're building a product of the Nazi after all? :wink:

11 minutes ago, Uncle Uncool said:

Moa, I never spoke about political sympathies but modelling tastes. You really remind me of this group of silly Argie goons I had to bash up hardly at a modelling meeting because I was proudly showing the Aeroclub 1/48 Vulcan B.2 kit I was able to get. :rolleyes:

Besides, what does the sadly and shameful welcoming of the Nazis as a host by my country has ever got to do with me, I wonder? That happened a loooooooooooooooong way back even my dad was a toddler back then.

Y'see, this train of reasoning is what I find sad and shameful in you. Wise up, bloke. This is just modelling we are talking about here.

No good, bloke; no good. Or wasn't the Junkers kit you're building a product of the Nazi after all? :wink:

The Junkers I am building is not a Nazi product, but a creation of Hugo Junkers, who was ousted by the nazis, and his company taken over by them, when he (honorably) refused to help them:

"When the Nazis came into power in 1933 they requested Junkers and his businesses aid in the German re-armament. When Junkers declined, the Nazi’s responded by demanding ownership of all patents and market shares from his remaining companies, under threat of imprisonment on the grounds of High Treason. In 1934 Junkers was placed under house arrest, and died at home in 1935"

I find that this is basically ruining a welcome to Alejandro, our fellow countryman, using snarly expressions and snitty language that have no place here in this space that has graciously welcome us all.

I suggest this stops right here.

If you would like to reply to continue this conversation please do it by personal message (PM), so we don't sour this for the rest of our fellow modelers.

13 hours ago, Moa said:

If you would like to reply to continue this conversation please do it by personal message (PM)

Would gladly do it if I saw there's a point in it, but now it's quite clear to me that you've got everything mixed up; some serious issues with regard to the Nazis and their deeds, which ought not have to do with modelling at all, and which is NOT what any modelling forum is all about.

For that matter, I'd rather keep my PM storage free.

Cheers,

Unc2