A Pair of Deuces (F-102 Delta Dagger Case-X & Case-XX)

Wow! A pair of deuces beats a full house any day. Outstanding builds, both of them! You did a really nice job with the SEA scheme- the soft-edged demarcation looks perfect, which is hard to do in 1/72 scale!

Mike

46 minutes ago, 72modeler said:

Wow! A pair of deuces beats a full house any day. Outstanding builds, both of them! You did a really nice job with the SEA scheme- the soft-edged demarcation looks perfect, which is hard to do in 1/72 scale!

Mike

Thanks Mmike,

Glad you liked them. The camo was done with mainly paper masks and some blue-tac. I just enlarged the instructions' camo drawing to 1/72 scale and cut out the disruptive pattern shapes, with blue-tac doing joining the sections on the fuselage sides.

• Thanks 1

They both look great.  i particularly like the ADC version.  If only modern combat aircraft were so colourful.  There's something about the F-102 and all Convair's deltas that I really like.  Apologies if there is a really obvious answer to this question, but can anyone tell me why it was nicknamed the Deuce?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

They both look great.  i particularly like the ADC version.  If only modern combat aircraft were so colourful.  There's something about the F-102 and all Convair's deltas that I really like.  Apologies if there is a really obvious answer to this question, but can anyone tell me why it was nicknamed the Deuce?

Perhaps because it's the F-102? A deuce is a two on a playing card (or a die).

Compare and contrast with the B-1 bomber sometimes referred to as the Bone (B-One minus the hyphen...)

3 minutes ago, Steve Coombs said:

Perhaps because it's the F-102? A deuce is a two on a playing card (or a die).

Compare and contrast with the B-1 bomber sometimes referred to as the Bone (B-One minus the hyphen...)

Thanks.  I suppose it must be so although it doesn't make as much sense as the Bone or the F4D Ford. 

Nice work! Love the ADC Gray one. I have my own OOB version just coming to a finish.

Interesting radome colour, not seen that before.

Hand painted pitot decoration?

ATB
Rick

35 minutes ago, Spad said:

Nice work! Love the ADC Gray one. I have my own OOB version just coming to a finish.

Interesting radome colour, not seen that before.

Hand painted pitot decoration?

ATB
Rick

Thanks Rick,

I think it's just unpainted or very faded fibreglass, please see photo below: 

9bH6GQZ.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BerndM said:

Beautiful builds and i like them both. The F-102 comes from a time when jets were colorful.

Both kit decals ?

Thanks Bernd,

The camo bird is kit decals and the grey one is Xtradecal.

• Like 1