I´m looking for photos of three early Fw 190As.

Sturmovik

Hi, it´s me again.

I bought this decal sheet, and because Eaglecal´s profiles don´t give me much information regarding camouflage mottling, I wanted to know if you guys had photos of:

1) Fw 190A-3 Chevron and Wavy line, attached to I/JG51, painted in the temporary white camouflage scheme (I want to know if the aircraft had the normal Fw 190 camouflage before being painted in white).

2) Fw 190A-3 Yellow 5 and horizontal bar of the same colour, attached to 6/JG1 (I want to know if the aircraft had the outer guns and the bulges under the wings, or if it was a factory release of an aircraft without the outer guns and flat panels under the wings).

3) Josef Priller´s Fw 190A-2, attached to III/JG26. I was able to find a single blurry photo of this aircraft´s left side.

I hope you guys can shine some light above these three aircraft.

Thanks!

Priller had about 20 different 190s in his flight logs - I guess this is the photo you are referring to, you won't find anything else I doubt.  FW 190 A-2 WNr. 125310 in June 1942 in Wevelgem as Gkr. III./JG 26. On the rudder are 72 or 73 victory markings. He had returned his 72nd on 17 May, his 73rd on 1 June 1942, while the 74th came three weeks later, on 22 June.

Priller72vics.jpg

Hello Sturmovik

Online a photo of Fw 190 A-3 is the second search result on the following link:

https://www.google.com/search?biw=1280&bih=900&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=jI9IW-K5EISakwX2mILwCA&q=Lake+Ivan+III.%2FJG51&oq=Lake+Ivan+III.%2FJG51&gs_l=img.3...218121.218294.0.219517.2.2.0.0.0.0.113.204.1j1.2.0....0...1c..64.img..0.0.0....0.QNq0bUqxERE

Otherwise the same photo was published in John Weal's book Jagdgeschwader 51 Mölders by Osprey. It seems the plane in question also had Werk Nummer on the top of the vertical tail, which is unfortunately illegible on the photo. Cheers

Jure

Hello @Sturmovik .. I found some early photos of other Fw. 190a series of aircraft with Jg.26 and one of Prillers A5 but dont know if that will help ? 6o8U09f.jpg

xSFHvPv.jpg

DhCqbSZ.jpg

p6Irk9V.jpg

qkmiHQb.jpg

These came out of the Squadron book on Fw.190’s. There are several photos from Jg.2 of very early Fw.’s if there is anything there let me know and i will upload them. If there is more i can do to help let me know. 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1