F-35A Meng, 1:48

Hi all,

here my new Meng F-35A. Nice kit with great details and excellent fit. Used some PE parts by Eduard and the decals OOB.

comp_F_35_3.jpg

comp_F_35_4.jpg

comp_F_35_6.jpg

comp_F_35_5.jpg

comp_F_35_7.jpg

comp_F_35_8.jpg

comp_F_35_10.jpg

comp_F_35_12.jpg

comp_F_35_20.jpg

comp_F_35_13.jpg

comp_F_35_14.jpg

comp_F_35_15.jpg

comp_F_35_18.jpg

comp_F_35_22.jpg

comp_F_35_23.jpg

comp_F_35_24.jpg

comp_F_35_25.jpg

comp_F_35_26.jpg

comp_F_35_28.jpg

comp_F_35_176.jpg

comp_F_35_1.jpg

• Like 61

I really don't like F35s (and I really, REALLY don't like that we're buying them). They're ugly and awkward looking (in a way our home grown Typhoon isn't).

But, BUT that is an absolutely stunning model. It looks like a photo of the real aircraft. Thanks for sharing.

As an aside (and please excuse the stupid question), how did you manage the RAM panels; I assume they're masked and painted by hand (which must have been; time consuming; tricky; a total nightmare?!!).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Newbie(kinda) said:

I really don't like F35s (and I really, REALLY don't like that we're buying them). They're ugly and awkward looking (in a way our home grown Typhoon isn't).

But, BUT that is an absolutely stunning model. It looks like a photo of the real aircraft. Thanks for sharing.

As an aside (and please excuse the stupid question), how did you manage the RAM panels; I assume they're masked and painted by hand (which must have been; time consuming; tricky; a total nightmare?!!).

I masked those all. And as you say it was a nightmare. In total I need much more time for this simple grey paintsheme as for an common camoflage sheme

This is the first Meng F-35 I have seen made and what a topper it is. What paints did you use as the colours look very good to my eye? 

I have sold a few of these since they were released but I don't think most people are aware or know very much about the kit.

Duncan B

Nice modelling and photography. 

It's a shame the real aeroplane is such an ugly and rediculouly expensive monstrosity .