Tornado GR1

Hi Gang, here is my latest offering the Tornado GR1. I didn't have any strong views either way on this aircraft when I  started to build it, but I must admit it has really grown on me during the build even though it turned out to be a labour of love!

I suffered one or two setbacks during the build which I will not bore you with, so the purists among you will find some glaring omissions  and mistakes so I apologise now. I have a couple of criticisms of the kit, the plastic on top of the  air intakes or the engine nacelles (I think that's what you call them) are so thin you can see daylight through,  when you apply glue to them they deform. Also the instructions for placing the decals are unreadable, so unless you know something about the aircraft (which I do not) there is a lot of Googling and guess work.

All that aside i have enjoyed the build and I am quite pleased with the finished model. Have a look and see what you think, as usual all comments and criticisms are welcome.

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4139.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_4141.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4144.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4146.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

IMG_4161.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 33

Nice job :)

Always had a soft spot for the Tornado GRs as they looked right, never thought the fighters looked right with the extended nose though 🤔

Which kit is that? as I've always fancied doing a desert storm version with the nose art but never got round to it

Like the mount with the brass rod as well

Too funny...I just purchased this kit on a bargin table at a contest to build in-flight like you...abit with two aftermarket Sea Eagle missiles under the belly.  Great to see what you did here.  Q:  Are those the kit pilots or did you find aftermarket ones?

Cheers

Collin

3 hours ago, Redstaff said:

Nice job :)

Always had a soft spot for the Tornado GRs as they looked right, never thought the fighters looked right with the extended nose though 🤔

Which kit is that? as I've always fancied doing a desert storm version with the nose art but never got round to it

Like the mount with the brass rod as well

It's the Revell GR1 1/72. I've seen the desert storm version on here as well and fancy having a go at it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Collin said:

Too funny...I just purchased this kit on a bargin table at a contest to build in-flight like you...abit with two aftermarket Sea Eagle missiles under the belly.  Great to see what you did here.  Q:  Are those the kit pilots or did you find aftermarket ones?

Cheers

Collin

The pilots are Revell NATO set with ground crew, to be honest I wasn't that impressed with the detail and I had a hell of a job getting them in there, Navigator wasn't too difficult but the pilot was a nightmare, he has no legs and no hands!