1/35 Meng FT-17 and Takom Mk.A "Whippet" - Finished 11/11/18

On 04/11/2018 at 20:56, the South African said:

Stix I have no doubt whatsoever that you will be finished with time in hand.Your work speaks volumes.This is truly one of the best armor builds that I have to date had the pleasure of following.

Regards:

Shaun

Hi Shaun and thank you for your very kind comments- you are way too kind! I have been doing bits and pieces on this project each evening this week and I think I will now get it finished.

On 05/11/2018 at 02:56, Ozzy said:

Just catching up Stix, fantastic job so far. The camp I’m currently staying in is named after an American (Cpl Roberts), who won the medal of honour driving a FT-17 Renault tank.

Hi Ozzy and thank you. Hope you are well. Interesting stuff about the camp's name - hope all is going well over there.

On 05/11/2018 at 13:13, Colin W said:

Cracking work here Styx

I hadnt appreciated the size difference of the tanks until seeing them together in the lat few spreads.

Colin

Thank you very much Colin. Yes the size difference was quite noticeable but then the FT-17 had the rotating turret!

On 05/11/2018 at 13:21, wimbledon99 said:

Looking soooooooooooo good!! :clap:

Clever idea re. the pizza bases!! What filler do you use Stix; is it specifically for modelling or a DIY type filler?

Hi Nigel and thank you. For recent bases I have been using a tub of Multi-Purpose Polyfiller which I apply with a small metal ruler........which reminds me I must get some more filler.

So the stuff I have been doing in the evenings - I have finished painting the figures:

44886345685_c513e6b1cd_b.jpg

And I have started getting the green stuff applied to the base:

30859579547_3228d3e9be_b.jpg

Tomorrow I need to get the tanks and figures attached to the base and then do any final scenic bits and pieces. I'm not going to do anything more than have this base as basic groundwork. I was planning originally on doing more but I have run out of time.

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Kind regards,

Stix

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 7

It’s going well out here thanks Stix’s fantastic job on those figures. I’ve got 2 weeks left here, looking forward to sticking some plastic together.

• Thanks 1

On 09/11/2018 at 22:08, Ozzy said:

It’s going well out here thanks Stix’s fantastic job on those figures. I’ve got 2 weeks left here, looking forward to sticking some plastic together.

Thank you very much Ozzy. I can understand you wanting to get back to making kits after the length of time you will have been away........I struggle after a couple of days and have been known to take a small kit and some glue and paints on holiday!!!! :mental:

10 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi Stix, I've just seen the finished article in the gallery. SPEECHLESS!!!!    It's stunning

Your builds should be in magazines on the shelves of WH Smith :clap:

Hi Nigel and thank you, as always, for your very kind comments. You are way too kind.

Anyhooooo.......... I have been busy getting the base finished, the tanks and figures fixed in place and the photos taken. A few here:

45765841852_0a61ff96c7_b.jpg

45765841362_31b2aa47c8_b.jpg

45766172922_f1f47715d6_b.jpg

45091177744_ec2c0941bd_b.jpg

44900834655_25e529ed84_b.jpg

44900837775_c06b2e412f_b.jpg

31942960518_71b0d47f8a_b.jpg

The Gallery Photos can be found: Here

Whippet RFI: Here

FT-17 RFI: Here

The vignette photos can be found: Here

Finally thank you to Robert Stuart for hosting the excellent GB and everyone who commented or offered advice in my build thread.

Kind regards,

Stix

:poppy:

Edited by PlaStix
  • Like 13

On 10/11/2018 at 22:26, Jb65rams said:

Simply stunning.

Fantastic models, beautifully presented and photographed.

Thank you JB. That is very kind of you! 

On 10/11/2018 at 22:31, nimrod54 said:

Stunning work Stix, the models, the figures and the groundworks all combine to create a great little scene. I would like to eavesdrop on the conversation that those guys appear to be having. Well done. :worthy:

Hi John. As always you are very kind. Yes, it would have been fascinating!

On 11/11/2018 at 06:47, the South African said:

One word: FANTASTIC.

Congratulations on a great build Stix.

Regards:

Shaun

THANK YOU Shaun, most kind!

On 11/11/2018 at 08:01, DAG058 said:

Simply amazing, you've done it again! 

I'm sure that's a song?! :winkgrin: but thank you!

On 11/11/2018 at 09:37, John D.C. Masters said:

Holy Smoke-a-ronies!  Wow!  I hope you enter that in a contest and win lots of prizes...either that or the judges are blind.

Hi John. You are waaayyy too kind but thank you very much.

On 11/11/2018 at 10:10, the South African said:

👆Exactly what he said!

Regards:

Shaun

Thank you again Shaun.

21 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Another classic build Stix beautifully done as ever and great attention to detail,brilliant!

Hi Steve and thank you, as always, for your very kind comments.

18 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Absolutely brilliant piece of work from start to finish.

The work on both the tanks and figures is superb and the pictures of the finished vignette really show off your talents.

A very fitting tribute on a very special day.

Very well done mate.

Hi Craig and thank you for your very kind comments. I think it was a great idea to have this GB and to have it finish on the 11/11/18 - 100 years on - made it even more special. I was very pleased to be able to take part and thoroughly enjoyed building a couple of tanks I might not have done otherwise. Reading around the subject gave me a little (read: very tiny) bit of insight into what was going on with warfare in that period - fascinating but often harrowing stuff. You would have hoped lessons would have been learnt to prevent it happening again................ but it wasn't to be........ :poppy:

16 hours ago, Ozzy said:

Top job Stix

Thank you Ozzy!

Thank you again to everyone who has commented in this thread. As I mentioned above, I probably wouldn't have built these kits for a while if it hadn't had been for this GB. They had been in my stash but I tend to gravitate towards WW2 stuff mainly - this is one of the great things about Group Builds for me.....they tend to encourage me try try something out of my comfort zone.

Speaking of which - something in my comfort zone - on the 15th December V-P ( @vppelt68) and I will be co-hosting the Pz.IV STGB and it would be great to see some of the modellers in this GB bringing their skills and talents to that GB. If you haven't signed up already, but would like to do so, the chat thread can be found here.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 4