+++ Motorbikes, Cars and Trucks (inc. AFV) We've hit the magic 30!!

53 minutes ago, Wonky Donkey said:

How do. 

I've got a few bikes in the stash, so this seems a good excuse to lay off building aeroplanes for a change. 

Wonky Donkey 

Welcome Wonky - You are on the list :happy:

Since this one is at at least a bit over a year out, you can plug me in for a warm body.  I've got a lot of wheeled vehicles in the stash.  Street cars, sports cars, muscle cars, race cars (Stock Cars, GTs, JGTCs, F1s, and even a winged sprint car), pickups, military trucks, and an amphibious support vehicle.  🤗

No idea what I will want to build that far out...but I've got options.

Edited by helios16v
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, helios16v said:

Since this one is at at least a bit over a year out, you can plug me in for a warm body.  I've got a lot of wheeled vehicles in the stash.  Street cars, sports cars, muscle cars, race cars (Stock Cars, GTs, JGTCs, F1s, and even a winged sprint car), pickups, military trucks, and an amphibious support vehicle.  🤗

No idea what I will want to build that far out...but I've got options.

Welcome, welcome! Sounds like you may be able to build more than one! :wink: 

Whatever the choice, I look forward to it.

Cheers

Nigel 

6 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Kirovets Stronk:

Now that’s a serious bit of kit!! I reckon I’d call that a truck myself :wink: Either way, it will make a great model and a fine edition to the GB!!

9 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Welcome, welcome! Sounds like you may be able to build more than one! :wink: 

Whatever the choice, I look forward to it.

Cheers

Nigel 

Hahaha.  Thanks.  If you knew my track record for successful GB builds you may not be so welcoming.  😅

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Romeo Delta said:

Please add me to the list for this one. 

I have a Tamiya 1199S Tricolore that I'd love to build.

It'll match the one I just bought in the shed. :) 

Very nice!! Welcome aboard the list :happy:

Hi Nigel. Sorry - managed to miss this before - tend to look at tanky or wingy thing GB threads. I have two motorbike kits that I bought many, many years ago before I got properly back in modelling. I think they are both Tamiya kits. I bought them because a toy shop was closing down and they were on sale. Hopefully I can find them. Also I might have to get some rattlecans as I don't think my brush painting would be up to the kind of finish you get on modern vehicles.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 2

20 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Sorry - managed to miss this before - tend to look at tanky or wingy thing GB threads. I have two motorbike kits that I bought many, many years ago before I got properly back in modelling. I think they are both Tamiya kits. I bought them because a toy shop was closing down and they were on sale. Hopefully I can find them. Also I might have to get some rattlecans as I don't think my brush painting would be up to the kind of finish you get on modern vehicles.

Kind regards,

Stix

Brilliant - Pleased to be adding you to the list, Stix! :happy:

There's also the option of AFV if you prefer but it would be great to see what you do with something 'shiny' :cool:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

oh ok then........ seeing I'm in an AFV build mood at the moment, bound to find something to build...

......oh an it'll have 8 wheels (at least) and probably be Soviet in origin, thou that may change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

oh ok then........ seeing I'm in an AFV build mood at the moment, bound to find something to build...

......oh an it'll have 8 wheels (at least) and probably be Soviet in origin, thou that may change.

Brilliant - Thanks Rich. Added to the list! :happy:

Please add me to the list.

*edit*  would a bus be allowed?  I have the revell routemaster kit and I'm toying with the idea of a stagecoach / magic bus version.  If not then still add me to the list please.

cheers

Aaron

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Threadbear said:

I’m in! Have plenty of AFVs I could do, but tempted to build something civilian. 

Brilliant - Hello and Thank you, Threadbear. You are warmly welcomed to the list :happy:

4 minutes ago, Threadbear said:

Basically anything that can be driven on a road is legitimate. So tractors, buses, anything

Hi Threadbear,

Put simply, Yes.

The idea of the GB is to include the type of builds that wouldn't necessarily drum up enough support for a single genre but would hopefully do so via a common theme   :smile:

4 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Go on then Nigel you can add my name to the list, I have a few suitable kits in the stash and might be adding a couple more soon.

Woohoo - Thanks Craig! :happy:

Having a bit of a flurry today.

Just 3 to go!! 

• Like 1