1/60 Unicorn Gundam Full Psyco-framed mobile suit drive sale find

Since building my first gundam which is a 1/144 Strikedagger I have wanted to get myself a larger better grade gundam model.

I won a 1/144 HG Barbatos and long range transport module the other day on ebay that I was going to make a start on soon.

That was till my other half said she had seen a large model robot box, she said she thought it said something in Japanese, at a neighbours drive sale at the weekend.

I decided it was worth a ask so wandered round & knocked on their door to see what it is or was if it had sold.

Its a 1/60 Unicorn gundam full psyco-framed mobile suit box that's very battered, its a quite large box that's for sure. I asked if it was complete and the answer was they were unsure.

Opening the box there are lots of parts off the sprues that are in plastic take away tubs.

Its hard to tell if all the sprues are present or not. After asking the price and looking the kit up on ebay I decided the £20 they are asking for it is a fair price even if there are some missing parts. The average ebay price is over £200.

I will being going through the parts and trying to match them up to the pictures of the parts on the sprue and in the build manual to try and see what parts are missing and if the kit is a viable build without trying to get spare parts.

So far it looks like the sprues & parts for the stand are totally missing which isn't a issue. Fingers crossed all the main parts are there and I can identify them from the pictures in the build manual.

I can see that's going to take longer than building the thing (if most of the parts are present). So far it looks like the parts that have been taken from their sprues have been randomly chopped off with no logic & not following the build manual at all.

• Like 3

That's been quite a few days of searching and comparing sprue layout to see if the parts would have fitted then looking through the build manual to make sure the part looks the same in the assembly diagrams.

Its looking like the majority of the parts for the suit frame and armour are present. All the stand and shield parts are missing with 1/2 to 3/4 of the weapon parts present.

I am not overly worried about the stand as that can be replaced with a generic stand.

I guess at this point its time to go for a dry build of the frame to see if I have guessed the correct parts identity from the diagrams/photos.

After I am sure all the frame/armour is present then I guess its time to start  thinking about disassembly for painting.

• Like 4

On 7/15/2018 at 1:56 PM, eureka said:

That's been quite a few days of searching and comparing sprue layout to see if the parts would have fitted then looking through the build manual to make sure the part looks the same in the assembly diagrams.

Its looking like the majority of the parts for the suit frame and armour are present. All the stand and shield parts are missing with 1/2 to 3/4 of the weapon parts present.

I am not overly worried about the stand as that can be replaced with a generic stand.

I guess at this point its time to go for a dry build of the frame to see if I have guessed the correct parts identity from the diagrams/photos.

After I am sure all the frame/armour is present then I guess its time to start  thinking about disassembly for painting.

I look forwards to WIP thread and you might want to look at getting a Bhiner account or some other Toaboa agent. Toaboa is a great place to find individual parts for Gundam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1