Ford Mustang 1964 1/2 Convertible 1/16 from the Coupe AMT kit: the Indy 500 Pace Car

Thanks Harvey and all!

I am far from my bench for a few days. I should have a bit more time from Sunday (one week holiday at home).

I take advantage of being far from home to visit other threads, what I don’t have the time to do usually, such this Jeroen’s one:

My wife (and me too...) loves the Fiat 500 C, and Jeroen made a very nice build of this (other) iconic car...

I also saw the Poul thread dedicated to a  very nice old Alfa Romeo Pocher 1/8 build:

I also fell on John’s Honda Prelude thread, going on nicely too:

I also had a look at Roger (Hamden) ´s current build:

The last (and only) time I built an armoured vehicle, I was about 15. It was a Tamiya 1/35 kit of the Matilda MK II. Roger does a great job on this Chieftain. 
Definitely, Britmodeller is a reference modeling site. 
Hannes, do you plan to go back soon to your bench?

Cheers, O

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dear Oliver, right now I simply don´t have time for modelling. We bought a house here in Hungary and a lot of renovation works need to be done. But a new place was created for later works: The loft became a big and bright room and it will be an ideal place for my  hobby and for sculptural works. The political circumstances forced us to emigrate and I´m happy now to live not far away from Lake Balaton.

Since years I was aware regarding the plans of the so called elites and therefore survival measures were more important than my modelling hobby. I hope that the impending breakdown will not completely destroy the European civilisation.   All the best!   Hannes

• Like 1

Dear Hannes,

I am happy to read that you will have soon a good place for modeling and other artistic works, as we all look forward to see the progress of your Fiat 806.

For the rest, I ever said much above that I don’t share your vision of an European civilization destroyed by the will of « elites », and I don’t want my thread to convey such conspiracy theories. 
I regret you can’t help bringing that up again...

Regards, Olivier

• Like 1

I just wanted to check out if you became wiser or better informed. All I can say is: It´s possible to ignore reality but it´s never possible to ignore the consequences of the ignored reality.  Regards  Hannes

I don’t think that this is the place to vent these statements. This forum is about modelling and there are plenty of other places where you can discuss your views on European civilization. This thread is about creating a wonderful model of the Ford Mustang.

You better not spoil it with these kind of statements.

3 hours ago, Hannes said:

I just wanted to check out if you became wiser or better informed. All I can say is: It´s possible to ignore reality but it´s never possible to ignore the consequences of the ignored reality.  Regards  Hannes

• Like 5

spacer.png

N.B: the diameter of this steering wheel is 25 mm (on this close-up above, it is about 75 mm on my computer).

spacer.png

N.B: I forgot to say that the tin thread was flattened (it is about 0,75 mm width once flattened) using a small hammer and the Master Tool Photo Etch Bender (the advantage of tin material is to be soft and easy to bend and flatten).

spacer.png

Thanks for watching, O

• Like 4

Hello to all,

A new little update:

spacer.png

For the logo, I used this pic as model:

spacer.png

I am now going to represent the other Chrome bar trim around the round dials and the speedometer (and so only driver side):

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thanks for watching and encouraging, 

Olivier

• Like 5

That is starting to shape up rather well! I think you're right in going with your custom speedometer decal. It's strange to supply a decal with the needle stuck at 30 mph anyway. We can all see that the model is not moving. 

• Thanks 1

Looking really good, Olivier.

I see that there is a lot of chrome trim to be made. Not only the one you are pointing to, but als another one around the black background of the dash.

What is that black muck between the two outer chrome strips on the last two pictures?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pouln said:

What is that black muck between the two outer chrome strips on the last two pictures?

This is Bernard's Mustang. I know he spent time in restoring the car, but I can't explain what is this black muck. One more merciless close-up like I am used to do for my builds, in sum 😉

A very little progress, I placed (not easily) the glove box Chrome trim:

spacer.png

I am dreading the next steps, with the Chrome trims driver side...

Cheers, O

• Like 3

Pocher Aventador? Oi, when are you going to build it?

To me the glove box trim looks fine, but I can imagine that it was a nightmare to get it neatly in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pouln said:

Pocher Aventador? Oi, when are you going to build it?

To me the glove box trim looks fine, but I can imagine that it was a nightmare to get it neatly in place.

Dear Poul,

I built this kit several years ago. If you like, I may post 2 or 3 pics of this build (I am not at home now, I will do that a bit later as I am not able to use ImageShack with my IPhone).

Yes, the method I used to glue the glove box was not simple: I placed the fragile trims on the adhesive face of the dst, then I cut inside and outside the adhesive sheet to just keep the dst under the trim. 
I am not totally glad with the result (just acceptable) and I hope the driver’s side one will be a little better.

Cheers, O

10 minutes ago, Totally Mad Olivier said:

I am not totally glad with the result (just acceptable) and I hope the driver’s side one will be a little better.

As usual, "acceptable" for you means "wow that looks great" for others (you know, regular people with regular standards 😉)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can imagine that this is not a simple task, but it appears that you managed to get a decent cut.

Good idea, this method.

• Thanks 1

Hello to all,

A new update, as I am finished with the Chrome trims:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

And, specially for Poul, a quite different build: the Pocher 1/8 Lamborghini Aventador:

1) painting the seats was challenging because they were made in a soft material, kind of rubber, on which the paint never seemed to set! (I suppose even now, if you touch them, it sticks 😄). I chose to paint two-tone the steering wheel. 

spacer.png

2) On this kit, the body is ever painted (most of this body is metal). But for you, Poul, it wouldn't be a problem, considering your talent to get an amazing mirror effect on your Alfa's body... 

spacer.png

3) I had been seeing the car in a Cannes dealership. Very kindly, he let me do many pics, open the hood. I could so represent very faithfully the V12 engine, with a nice graphite look, got by applying a very very thin coat of X11 over a mat black base (arrow):

spacer.png

4) I added carpets and many other details, and had a lot of fun with this special model, the most expensive one I built. It is still visible in the waiting room of my clinic:

spacer.png

Thanks for watching and for your kind encouragements!

Cheers, TMO...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Totally Mad Olivier said:

And, specially for Poul, a quite different build: the Pocher 1/8 Lamborghini Aventador

👏 looking really nice. I have a black coupe in my stash that I bought from someone who started it but found it a bit too much. 
Before that I bought the roadster in dark blue livery. Also patiently awaiting its turn.

Painting the seats. I think you were not the only one. I think the material asks for paint meant to be used on vinyl or leather.

back to you own topic. The dash looks really good. Your trims make such a difference.

• Thanks 1

I take advantage of a few holiday (and so, more time) to go on a bit faster than usual. So, here is a new little update:

spacer.png

spacer.png

My dashboard, on which I am working from the moment I came back on this build (last May 31, post# 702 p. 29) should be ready soon. The buttons to add, and last necessary corrections...

Thanks for watching and encouraging, TMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1